Home

Ray Lewis

This is a discussion on Ray Lewis within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn looks like he actually added muscle and dropped fat judgin from that love the guy respect for sure if he need to walk away let him. He gave more on one play then a lot of players give all season
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Some people seem to underestimate exactly how much stuff is going on pre-snap that the defensive "QB" calls and organizes. That includes the base play and pre-snap reads/audibles.

The Bears are sending Urlacher out on the field even though he's basically on one leg and has no lateral speed. They certainly have someone who can go out there right now who is more physically fit to play MLB. But his understanding of the defense and ability to recognize what the offense is trying to do far outweighs his current physical limitations.

If someone thinks the Ravens are just going to "replace" Ray Lewis, they are sadly mistaken.

That's why I get pissed when people gloss over the loss of Brian Cushing for the Texans. He's our Ray Lewis.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Old & slow yet fourth in the NFL with tackles. He may not be as quick as he once was but he sure knows where to be.

He isn't done yet, the old dog has a lot of fight still in him.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #21
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Not trying to beat a dead horse but this video expresses what I have seen and heard:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...hout-Ray-Lewis

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Not trying to beat a dead horse but this video expresses what I have seen and heard:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...hout-Ray-Lewis
What exactly did they say that you're hanging your hat on here? What they did last year when he was out? They've lost 3 starters from last year's line, including the defensive MVP of the NFL. They showed video of him missing one tackle basically on the goal line... and on Shady McCoy. They other talk was about him not getting off a block which I mentioned earlier. Ray's made his money not having to get off a block. The guys in front of him are not doing their job, period. Did they do their homework? No mention of Ray being top 5 in tackles at that point. No break down at all of how he was hurting the team actually.

Seemed like just another case of the media trying to find a story and saying some stuff to fill the segment.

One game doesn't come close to telling the whole story but yesterday was the most points the Ravens have given up since 2007, most points in a half since 2007, and worse loss since 2007. The D has problems that go far beyond anything Ray could fix, but you can't tell me his presence wasn't missed yesterday.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #23
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

i have to agree with the above. i wasn't sure the d could get much worse this season, then 2 big injuries against the cowboys and the unthinkable happens. i want to believe ray will come back, obviously not this season though.

and idk who would say that ray isnt valuable or still a key player on the ravens roster anymore, but many have highlighted the tackle stats this season, and considering at age 37 going into his 17th season in the NFL he lost sumthin like 20 lbs, i'd say he's still very much dedicated; and his prowess and football IQ are unquestioned.

as for the coaching thing, i could see it; im sure baltimore would want him back as coach, i mean you sure as hell don't want the guy coachin somewhere else. i've also heard that he would have offers as an analyst, and given his stature and personality, and the amount of former players that have taken up such a role, it seems a very feasible next step.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish 69
i have to agree with the above. i wasn't sure the d could get much worse this season, then 2 big injuries against the cowboys and the unthinkable happens. i want to believe ray will come back, obviously not this season though.

and idk who would say that ray isnt valuable or still a key player on the ravens roster anymore, but many have highlighted the tackle stats this season, and considering at age 37 going into his 17th season in the NFL he lost sumthin like 20 lbs, i'd say he's still very much dedicated; and his prowess and football IQ are unquestioned.

as for the coaching thing, i could see it; im sure baltimore would want him back as coach, i mean you sure as hell don't want the guy coachin somewhere else. i've also heard that he would have offers as an analyst, and given his stature and personality, and the amount of former players that have taken up such a role, it seems a very feasible next step.
He'd be a great analyst but his energy might get annoying after a while. Either way, his talents would be wasted in a booth. He belongs on a sideline when he hangs em up. He may even go to the college level but that man was born to coach and motivate people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »