Home

MVP Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MVP Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MVP Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
My pick is J.J. Watt. To me he is the guy that has separated himself from everyone else at his position. QB's in contention are interchangeable, there is no one at Watt's level at his position right now and nobody is impacting games like this guy. I'd give him MVP and Tillman DPOY. But because the NFL is an "offensive league" Watt will not win MVP.
I know they aren't the same position but Von Miller is impacting the Denver defense nearly on the same level as Watt is impacting the Texans defense.

I'm not claiming Miller is better, but if you are going to make an argument for MVP for Watt because of his impact, Miller would have to be included as well.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I know they aren't the same position but Von Miller is impacting the Denver defense nearly on the same level as Watt is impacting the Texans defense.

I'm not claiming Miller is better, but if you are going to make an argument for MVP for Watt because of his impact, Miller would have to be included as well.
This right here. Miller and Watt at this point, are identical in their impacts on their respective teams defense, and both playing on another level.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd be very surprised if Peyton doesn't win it.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #36
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I'd be very surprised if Peyton doesn't win it.

I think he deserves it after not playing at all last year. He as been great all year.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #37
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Between Rodgers and Manning for me as of right now, Brees could be a wild card if he somehow manages to lead his team to a playoff spot but that's unlikely right now with their tough schedule down the stretch
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #38
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Brees isn't winning over Manning or Rodgers even if the Saints win out. Manning story combined with his amazing stats are to great for anyone to over come. He's a feel good story that will be milked to death.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #39
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Brees isn't winning over Manning or Rodgers even if the Saints win out. Manning story combined with his amazing stats are to great for anyone to over come. He's a feel good story that will be milked to death.
I wouldn't go that far, and it also depends on what your definition of MVP is. I don't think Brees would be a lock if the Saints win out, but if starting out 0-4 and finishing up with an 11-5 record with no major personnel additions doesn't put you into the conversation I don't know what does. And I'm not really sure what you mean by his amazing stats, hes thrown two less Int's than Brees and has a lightly better passer rating, Brees has him beat in passing TD's, rushing TDs, and passing yards.

I didn't even go over to Rodgers' stats but I'm sure they're comparable if not better than Manning's. So yes, I think he will probably get it due to his come back story but I don't feel he deserves it more than a couple other players. If anything you could make a stronger argument for Von Miller who has been a fixture on that defense for the past two seasons before going with Manning.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #40
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I wouldn't go that far, and it also depends on what your definition of MVP is. I don't think Brees would be a lock if the Saints win out, but if starting out 0-4 and finishing up with an 11-5 record with no major personnel additions doesn't put you into the conversation I don't know what does. And I'm not really sure what you mean by his amazing stats, hes thrown two less Int's than Brees and has a lightly better passer rating, Brees has him beat in passing TD's, rushing TDs, and passing yards.

I didn't even go over to Rodgers' stats but I'm sure they're comparable if not better than Manning's. So yes, I think he will probably get it due to his come back story but I don't feel he deserves it more than a couple other players. If anything you could make a stronger argument for Von Miller who has been a fixture on that defense for the past two seasons before going with Manning.
What does the 0-4 start mean in this debate? Wasn't Brees the QB when they started 0-4?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »