Home

Week 17: Oakland Raiders (4-11) @ San Diego Chargers (6-9)

This is a discussion on Week 17: Oakland Raiders (4-11) @ San Diego Chargers (6-9) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13
Week 17: Oakland Raiders (4-11) @ San Diego Chargers (6-9)

AKA the "Thank God It's Finally Over" Bowl.

I can't believe no one else started a game thread....not.

This has all the drama and excitement of a cat fashion show. The only reason I am watching it (other than apparently being a masochist) is to see what Terrelle Pryor does.

Like another poster stated in another thread, I refuse to believe Norv Turner will be fired until he's actually out of San Diego and his office is cleared out.

Dennis Allen probably gets retained next season, but if the Raider organization doesn't fire Greg Knapp (if not the entire offensive staff save Al Saunders) there will be upheval in the East Bay.

Raiders\Chargers is usually an entertaining dog fight, but for the first time in several years it's meaningless for both teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Week 17: Oakland Raiders (4-11) @ San Diego Chargers (6-9)

Meaningless game. If I weren't at work, I probably wouldn't be watching.

Nice start by Spurlock though.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

That escalated quickly.

My Video Game Streams
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Neither Spikes or Goodson should have been ejected. Still a bit confused as to why they were. Also, 2 personal fouls offset, yet the Raiders had the PI call? It didn't matter in the end but I thought it should have been first down at the 1.

Good to see Terrelle Pryor playing well, he should have been starting Week 14 or 15.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Good to see Terrelle Pryor playing well, he should have been starting Week 14 or 15.
Palmer is signed through 2014, and until he got hurt, was one of the top 10 QBs this year. Even with the season lost, why would they bench him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
Palmer is signed through 2014, and until he got hurt, was one of the top 10 QBs this year. Even with the season lost, why would they bench him?
After Week 13, we were 3-9 and our season over. To me, that is that time where you need to evaluate your personnel for next season.

With the amount of players that came in/out during the last off-season, it looks like it will be more of the same this coming off-season. Pryor hasn't been given any time to show what he can do in games, so instead of giving him just one today, why not give him 3 or 4 games and see what he can do? Or instead of benching Palmer, give Pryor more snaps in those games.

That said, hindsight is a wonderful thing which is more than likely impacting my opinion.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
After Week 13, we were 3-9 and our season over. To me, that is that time where you need to evaluate your personnel for next season.
With a top ten QB who is signed for two more seasons, what evaluation needs to be done? In any other franchise, whether 3-9 or 9-3, that's the one player that has job security. If Carson was in a FA year, or if next year was his last, I might understand.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
With a top ten QB who is signed for two more seasons, what evaluation needs to be done? In any other franchise, whether 3-9 or 9-3, that's the one player that has job security. If Carson was in a FA year, or if next year was his last, I might understand.
That top ten QB has just turned 33 though. Pryor is 23 and could be our QB for years after Palmer leaves. As much as I am bigging up Pryor here, Palmer should be our QB for next season, but if you give Pryor game time and he shows potential, which he currently is, you can solve 2 problems. 1 being a back-up to Palmer and 2, being his replacement.

There was a statistic that was shown up at the start of the game. Pryor has been our 15th different QB that has started since 2003. In a nutshell, I'd rather see what Pryor can do rather keep playing Palmer and having to look at yet more QB's in a couple of years.

Although saying that he's showing potential he throws an interception. You're not helping my case here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »