Home

AFC Wild Card Weekend: Indianapolis Colts (5) @ Baltimore Ravens (4)

This is a discussion on AFC Wild Card Weekend: Indianapolis Colts (5) @ Baltimore Ravens (4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: AFC Wild Card Weekend: Indianapolis Colts (5) @ Baltimore Ravens (4)

Tough game to call...but I belive experience wins
The ravens defense is emaciated, but They hold off Luck with a pick in the 4th quarter

IND:24
BAL:30
Old 12-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I can't believe so many are picking the Colts in this game. And I'm VERY surprised that some are even going as far as to say it'll be a blowout win for the Colts. I'm curious behind the reasons other than "the Ravens are a mess".

You guys must've not had many chances to watch the Colts this year. The Texans game yesterday was by far their most complete game of the season.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I can't believe so many are picking the Colts in this game. And I'm VERY surprised that some are even going as far as to say it'll be a blowout win for the Colts. I'm curious behind the reasons other than "the Ravens are a mess".

You guys must've not had many chances to watch the Colts this year. The Texans game yesterday was by far their most complete game of the season.
I live in with 2 Raven fans and watch almost every game. From what I see this year they are a shadow of the team they used to be the last 2 years. I don't think the defense can stop the Colts. I just don't see it.

And the Offense is so inconsistent. I don't know why but they don't use Rice enough, its like they feel that they need to throw with Flacco all the time.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 12-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll root for the Colts in this one. Couple it with a Texans win and we have the high drama of Peyton Manning vs the Colts in the Divisional round.
NHL: Colorado Avalanche, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA: Air Force Falcons, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 12-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #21
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis

Watched every game this season (Sunday ticket) and actually, the Colts had a lot of games (mainly at home) that were excellent play by them. Yes, some of our games we did not play the best but we played more complete games than just the Texans game.

We go in with momentum, Ravens sat a lot of their players, I still believe that sitting a week before playoffs is the worst strategy in football, always have, always will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #22
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

I want to see the Colts win, but my only concern is Ray Lewis is returning. He will provide that spiritual and emotional speech before the game that will likely propel the Ravens.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Watched every game this season (Sunday ticket) and actually, the Colts had a lot of games (mainly at home) that were excellent play by them. Yes, some of our games we did not play the best but we played more complete games than just the Texans game.

We go in with momentum, Ravens sat a lot of their players, I still believe that sitting a week before playoffs is the worst strategy in football, always have, always will.
Playing good games against the likes of the Jags or Dolphins isn't saying much. I'll give you the Green Bay and Minnesota games, but even those had to be won by the heroics of Andrew Luck. Take away the Jacksonville game and that game yesterday was our biggest margin of victory all season, and it was just 12 points.

I just don't see how we can escape this game with a win unless Luck plays outstanding, and asking that of a rookie on the road in the Playoffs is a lot to ask. Baltimore may not be the defense they've been for a decade plus but they still have the ability to get after the quarterback. And they still have a rushing attack featuring one of the best RB's in the league. The Colts two biggest weaknesses? The offensive line and their defensive front.

Color me surprised if the Colts win, I'll be rooting like hell for them to that's for sure.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #24
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

I think this will be a pretty close game. If this game were in Indy, I'd definitely pick the Colts to win. Luck and Co. have played lights out at Lucas Oil this year. I think the Colts are going to continue to play inspired football now that Coach Pagano is back. Looking forward to this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »