Home

New 2013-2014 Uniforms Unveiled for Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings

This is a discussion on New 2013-2014 Uniforms Unveiled for Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New 2013-2014 Uniforms Unveiled for Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings

my dolphins lookin good this year with their picks..... FINALLY... some hope!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #66
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: New 2013-2014 Uniforms Unveiled for Dolphins, Jaguars, and Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Very odd choices for some of the design directions.

Vikings: I love how they simplified from all the swooshes, swipes, unnecessary elements, etc. and went back to a classic style, which looks great on the newer Nike kits (the uniform itself). I don't like the numbers; the left-most number has some stylization (curved ends) but the right-most number doesn't.

Miami: This is a trend Miami is taking to make their sports teams (in-city) more unified. You notice how the Marlins updated to an art deco style (think geometric, straight, clean lines) and the Dolphins did the same. I do feel Miami went way too minimal in the uniform. Dropping the orange accents really hurt from the overal identity of the team, as well. Those color combinations of aqua and orange really stand out and differentiate the Dolphins from pro sports teams.

I will say, I love and hate the new logo at the same time. I love the design of the new logo in every way, very fluid, dimensional yet clean but man, did I love the old dolphin with the helmet - hate to see it go.

Jacksonville: Err, this is a mixed bag, but I really dont' like any of it. I didn't like the logo-change too much initially but it does look better in application. The uniforms are far too busy. I really hate the fade on the helmet - what purpose does it serve other than a gimmick?
For a team in a constant search of an identity or foothold in the league, this rebranding was a failure. They could have done something really subtle, for example, by keeping the uniform clean and having tone-on-tone accents within the uniform or pulling more abstract "jaguar" aesthetics into the uniform design (think: spots, rip stripes, etc) or some representation of the city. The Seahawks did this with their latest uniforms. Overall, I still think I like the Mark Brunell & Fred Taylor era uniforms most.
I agree with you on the Vikings and Dolphins.
Vikings: I like the simplified logo, but the uniforms need improvement. I would rather see them use their old uniforms with the new logo. I guess they wanted to spice things up a little in the last year of the Metrodome.
Dolphins: Frankly, I think the new logo looks less fierce. I wish they'd kept the helmet and changed the body around it, but that would be pointless. The Dolphins have perfect colors to make an alternate like the Jaguars. They could have had one that was orange, that really would look cool.
Jaguars: This is where I disagree with you. I love the uniforms, and I think that this makes the Jaguars fun to watch while they rebuild. Their new logo is great as well. They've always had the colors to have ecstatic uniforms, and they've finally pulled it off. The design of their uniforms is the most modern looking one. They should wear the alternate for home games with the Texans and Colts.

Now, if only these uniforms translated to wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »