Home

Could the Eagles Use a TWO-QB Formation?

This is a discussion on Could the Eagles Use a TWO-QB Formation? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #9
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Could the Eagles Use a TWO-QB Formation?

This has Jets written all over it.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
This has Jets written all over it.
It does. Before Tebow left could you see Tebow and Geno in the back field? Awesomeness
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboyj
It does. Before Tebow left could you see Tebow and Geno in the back field? Awesomeness
The only way this would be awesome is if you were playing Madden Football where no matter how low their rating was you could joystick jockey them both to throwing for 4000 yards, 40TD and rush for another 1000 yards each.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboyj
You realize that would confuse no defense? Only one of them will get the snap. Taking a capable running back off the field to put a useless second qb out there is nonsense on every level.

What will the other qb do when he doesnt play the qb on the play? Is he gonna run a route? Pass block??

For example, Vick and Peyton Manning both in shotgun. Vick gets the snap. What is Peyton doing? The defense knows if Vick gets the snap its gonna be a run, or a bootleg away from Manning so Manning doesnt get murdered.

If Peyton gets the snap, Vick is the running back. Just put a running back there. I dont see a single benefit to this 2 qb system. Its gimmicky.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You realize that would confuse no defense? Only one of them will get the snap. Taking a capable running back off the field to put a useless second qb out there is nonsense on every level.

What will the other qb do when he doesnt play the qb on the play? Is he gonna run a route? Pass block??

For example, Vick and Peyton Manning both in shotgun. Vick gets the snap. What is Peyton doing? The defense knows if Vick gets the snap its gonna be a run, or a bootleg away from Manning so Manning doesnt get murdered.

If Peyton gets the snap, Vick is the running back. Just put a running back there. I dont see a single benefit to this 2 qb system. Its gimmicky.
It'd be gimmicky no doubt, and it would only work to "confuse" a defense if it was ran with 2 mobile, durable QBs in the system. It would open the offense up to more "trick" plays; I can think of a few ways to make it work. It of course would be used only a handful of times per game, but it could create an exciting new wrinkle in an offense's gameplan. However, with Vick's poor durability and Dixon's mediocrity I don't know how well that would work for the Eagles. Having a pocket-passer like Foles or a clipboard-holder like Barkley as one of the QBs would be practically useless. It would be senseless to have both QBs on the field but one of them completely out of the play, so they'd both have to pose the threat of running.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
The only way this would be awesome is if you were playing Madden Football where no matter how low their rating was you could joystick jockey them both to throwing for 4000 yards, 40TD and rush for another 1000 yards each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56

What world are Peyton and Vick on the same team?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (67.3 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I responded to your opinion. Thats how a discussion forum works.

And I was using a Manning Vick scenario to highlight the difference between the two types of QBs in your scenario. Moral of the story, this system would be pointless. Run it in Madden if you need the "awesome".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't think it would be pointless. Like you see in that ULM clip, it's simply adding another option to the read option: QB reads the D, if the DE is playing the second QB, he keeps it, if he's playing the QB, hand it off to the other QB. From there, either back has the option to hit guys out for passes or tuck and run. Heck, in a Dixon/Vick scenario you'd even have the option of a check down to the other QB.

That having been said, I don't think it would work more than once or twice, but it would be an interesting little wrinkle.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »