Home

Players you'd Like to See Make a Comeback

This is a discussion on Players you'd Like to See Make a Comeback within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #81
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Players you'd Like to See Make a Comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
You're a Cowboys fan, so that train of thought obviously doesn't apply to you.

Also:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/d...=1&word=better
Well, his records and championships have nothing to do with biased opinions, just facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #82
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Well, his records and championships have nothing to do with biased opinions, just facts.
But biased opinion uses those to say he was better (as you know).
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #83
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
But biased opinion uses those to say he was better (as you know).
Right lol how silly it is for me to look at actual accomplishments on the field when comparing players. I should have used something hypothetical or arbitrary instead...what was I thinking?

Last edited by ZB9; 08-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #84
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

One could look at the amount of pro bowls the offensive linemen in front of them had gone to, or the amount of games it took for Emmitt to reach his milestone vs Barry...

In case you don't want to look it up...

Emmitt Smith
Games - 226
Attempts - 4409
Yards - 18,355
AVG - 4.2
TDs - 165

Barry Sanders
Games - 153
Attempts - 3062
Yards - 15,269
AVG - 5.0
TDs - 99

You can argue that having 66 more TDs in 73 more games and over 1300 more attempts than Barry makes Emmitt a better RB...but that's the only argument you'd have.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 08-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #85
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
One could look at the amount of pro bowls the offensive linemen in front of them had gone to, or the amount of games it took for Emmitt to reach his milestone vs Barry...

Emmitt Smith
Games - 226
Attempts - 4409
Yards - 18,355
AVG - 4.2
TDs - 165

Barry Sanders
Games - 153
Attempts - 3062
Yards - 15,269
AVG - 5.0
TDs - 99

You can argue that having 66 more TDs in 73 more games and over 1300 more attempts than Barry makes Emmitt a better RB...but that's the only argument you'd have.
Love ZB9 like a brother but... don't feed the troll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #86
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII

Emmitt Smith
Games - 226
Attempts - 4409
Yards - 18,355
AVG - 4.2
TDs - 165

Barry Sanders
Games - 153
Attempts - 3062
Yards - 15,269
AVG - 5.0
TDs - 99

Joe Montana had more pro bowl offensive linemen than Dan Marino...therefore, Dan Marino must be the better player. If pro bowl offensive linemen is your main criteria, then there are plenty of HOF running backs with worse offensive linemen than Barry Sanders. Btw, Emmitt's only HOF offensive lineman got to Dallas after Smith had already won 2 rushing titles and 2 super bowls.

Anyway, as far as having more accomplishments than Barry...Emmitt has the most rushing yards of all time, most TDs of all time, most playoff rushing yards of all time, most super bowl rushing yards of all time, tied for most super bowl TDs of all time, over 500 receptions, more first downs than Barry...

Barry has a better ypc. That's it..but when I look for a running back, I look for a back that can get first downs, TDs, blitz pick up, and catch swing passes...Emmitt was better at all of these things than Barry. The Lions actually took Barry off the field in goaline situations. How could the greatest RB of all time ever be taken off the field in a scoring situation? I seriously doubt that the Cowboys power running game would have won championships with Sanders at running back instead of Smith.

Last edited by ZB9; 08-30-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #87
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I know this discussion has been beaten to death (Emmitt vs Barry), but I'll say this:

I think Barry was the better runner. He did things no one else I've ever seen do and there is no football player before or after that I've enjoyed watching as much as him. I do believe Emmitt was the better overall player, however. He was a better blocker, better receiver, and his intangibles were off the charts (the game against the Giants in 1992 or 1993 in which he had 300+ total yards with a separated shoulder was insane).

IMO, you can't go wrong with either guy...they were both great and I loved watching both of their careers (watched Emmitt from high school actually), but to say Emmitt is better because his team was better is asinine.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #88
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I know this discussion has been beaten to death (Emmitt vs Barry), but I'll say this:

I think Barry was the better runner. He did things no one else I've ever seen do and there is no football player before or after that I've enjoyed watching as much as him. I do believe Emmitt was the better overall player, however. He was a better blocker, better receiver, and his intangibles were off the charts (the game against the Giants in 1992 or 1993 in which he had 300+ total yards with a separated shoulder was insane).

IMO, you can't go wrong with either guy...they were both great and I loved watching both of their careers (watched Emmitt from high school actually), but to say Emmitt is better because his team was better is asinine.
That is a great way to put it. It's hard comparing the two because they were different types of players. It's like comparing Steve young and Joe Montana (stat wise)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »