Home

Week 8: Dallas Cowboys (4-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-3)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Dallas Cowboys (4-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Week 8: Dallas Cowboys (4-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't have an issue with Bryant's antics on the sideline, my issue his story becoming bigger than Megatron's career day, the comeback of the Lions and Stafford's pinpoint accuracy the last few drives.

It's Dez this and Dez that, let the game do the talking.
That was my issue, too. I was pretty excited to finally have positive Lions news to look for on the talking head networks. Lions/Cowboys was the 2nd headline behind the World Series & I was like "hell yes! let the highlights roll!", only to see a bunch of Dez Bryant discussion.

One of the leagues biggest stars came within 7 yards of breaking an all time record and it barely gets a mention. The last drive with Stafford's brilliance, got even less attention. His beauty of a pass to Durham, then the precision to Calvin to get it to the 1, calling everyone in for the spike and then pulling a 1 man audible to stretch it over the goalline... and it's all about Dez.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #178
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Sideline blow-ups are so overblown it's ridiculous. These guys are competitive as hell, some show it in different ways. You don't want a team full of Dez's, but you don't want the opposite, either.

He's going to get a bad rap any time he does anything that could be construed to be negative just because that is the reputation that follows him. I know there was a big deal about his history coming out of college, and I believe he even said himself he has to be stopped from doing dumb things sometimes, but it's disappointing to see people jump on the slightest sign of a weakness.

I get that he brought attention to himself, but it's what he believes and it was an arguable point. Not any more, and I'm not really a "swag" guy, but it's not a bad thing to say I can ball with that dude. He still scored two TD's!

It's just a shame what the media latches on to. Once they have you labelled, it's damn near impossible to get away from that stereotype. As far as I know, Bryant has been nothing but a good WR since coming to Dallas and I only see him getting better. He wants to win so bad, and the Cowboys need that. Their fans should be ecstatic he's on their side, and everyone else should be pissed they have to cover him when playing Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #179
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Sideline blow-ups are so overblown it's ridiculous. These guys are competitive as hell, some show it in different ways. You don't want a team full of Dez's, but you don't want the opposite, either.

In all honesty, I'm used to the Lions getting no press unless they suck or Jim Schwartz and Suh have gotten into something or someone is getting arrested. Sucks, but oh well.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #180
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet

In all honesty, I'm used to the Lions getting no press unless they suck or Jim Schwartz and Suh have gotten into something or someone is getting arrested. Sucks, but oh well.

Meh, it fits my "Calvin = wideout Barry" theory. Not flashy, not in the news, just universally recognized as one of the best. Let E!SPN ramble on about the drama of the Cowboys. Everyone knows Calvin's a freak.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #181
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet

Hey dude shut up I'm trying to talk about the inferior wideout on the losing team.

No one can cares what Kevin Jackson did for the Detroit Tigers.

*high fives Stu Scott*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »