Home

Week 12 MNF: San Francisco 49ers (6-4) vs Washington Redskins (3-7)

This is a discussion on Week 12 MNF: San Francisco 49ers (6-4) vs Washington Redskins (3-7) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 12 MNF: San Francisco 49ers (6-4) vs Washington Redskins (3-7)

They still have Moss and Morgan, who's been in the doghouse for some strange reason.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
No Hankerson either. The 9ers secondary isn't all that great (masked by how great the front 7 is) but Kyle's gonna have to do some creative things with Garcon to get any yardage in the air. Man, if RG3 just runs around a little bit I could see them getting a couple of deep chances but who knows which version of the offense they'll throw out there and he'll be willing to play. Handing it off to Morris to head up the gut isn't going to get you too much tonight.

It will be a bunch of 2 man routes and half field reads like it always is. I think they can run on San Fran. How successful IDK, but I would take 20 carries from Morris for 80 yards. The regression in the passing game is the mind boggling part. Part of what was mentioned in the article posted is true. Teams are backing out of the box, because Washington has decided to run RGIII less (which his daddy wanted), but Griffin hasn't progressed enough as a passer for my liking.

But playing another average secondary could be the game where he "breaks-out". But every game could be that one, the way the offense has played this season. It's insane how much of the passing office is one read and throw and the top of your drop.

Like I said, just don't embarrass yourselves on national TV. No 0 for the half on 3rd down, no infighting on the sidelines, no fans calling for Kirk, no RGIII getting broken. Just lose (or win!) while looking like an functional NFL franchise.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
They still have Moss and Morgan, who's been in the doghouse for some strange reason.
He's in the dog house for his play as a returner for the most part, but was also behind a bunch of guys at WR anyway. You didn't mention Robinson who I believe will still get time ahead of him (and I think will have at least one bomb thrown to him tonight... whether he catches it or not is a different story). Moss has the consistency of an old WR at this point. This would be a nice game for him to break out on, especially after last week's comments. But sometimes he's running routes and catching like the good ole days and other times he looks like a different player.

Gotta agree with N51_rob though. The problem seems to be more with the play calling and/or Griffin's willingness to take advantage of the "option" plays and chances to run. I still believe, even post injury, he's more physically talented than Russell Wilson. But Wilson plays the game much better with the chances he takes, the chances he DOESN'T take and decision making in general.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Well, KR/PR has been one position that's been screwed up all year anyway, aside from the unit as a whole being a mess but that was kind've expected. Morgan has never been known as a returner nor is/was he anything special there so why they put him back there I don't know.

I didn't mention Robinson because half of the time, he's never on the field and you never know what to get from him if you take away his deep threat ability.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
He's in the dog house for his play as a returner for the most part, but was also behind a bunch of guys at WR anyway. You didn't mention Robinson who I believe will still get time ahead of him (and I think will have at least one bomb thrown to him tonight... whether he catches it or not is a different story). Moss has the consistency of an old WR at this point. This would be a nice game for him to break out on, especially after last week's comments. But sometimes he's running routes and catching like the good ole days and other times he looks like a different player.

Gotta agree with N51_rob though. The problem seems to be more with the play calling and/or Griffin's willingness to take advantage of the "option" plays and chances to run. I still believe, even post injury, he's more physically talented than Russell Wilson. But Wilson plays the game much better with the chances he takes, the chances he DOESN'T take and decision making in general.
I think that's a direct result of how much of a student of the game Wilson is, and the amount of mental preparation he does. That's not to say Griffin doesn't study film, or prepare hard. I'm sure he does, I just think Wilson is just that much further ahead in his Pro progression at this point in their careers.

Case in point last week against the Eagles trailing by 8 with 40 seconds left, Redskins have 3rd & 1 at the Eagle 18; No ones open, and Griffin frantically throws off his backfoot into the endzone, on a play that gets intercepted and had no chance. It was only 3rd down, throw it away and get more more shot. Get that new set of downs, stop the clock and then get your Endzone playcalling shots in.

There's also the factor that it seems like Griffin is forcing throws this year trying to make plays because the team around him hasn't been playing as good as it did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Well, KR/PR has been one position that's been screwed up all year anyway, aside from the unit as a whole being a mess but that was kind've expected. Morgan has never been known as a returner nor is/was he anything special there so why they put him back there I don't know.

I didn't mention Robinson because half of the time, he's never on the field and you never know what to get from him if you take away his deep threat ability.
Yeah, I don't know why they've been throwing him back there either. I get not putting old man Moss back there (like some have suggested) but go out and get someone if those are your only two options.

That's also true about Robinson, but tonight I think he's still higher on the list than Morgan... but I could be wrong because I think Morgan at least understands the route tree better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared
I think that's a direct result of how much of a student of the game Wilson is, and the amount of mental preparation he does. That's not to say Griffin doesn't study film, or prepare hard. I'm sure he does, I just think Wilson is just that much further ahead in his Pro progression at this point in their careers.

Case in point last week against the Eagles trailing by 8 with 40 seconds left, Redskins have 3rd & 1 at the Eagle 18; No ones open, and Griffin frantically throws off his backfoot into the endzone, on a play that gets intercepted and had no chance. It was only 3rd down, throw it away and get more more shot. Get that new set of downs, stop the clock and then get your Endzone playcalling shots in.

There's also the factor that it seems like Griffin is forcing throws this year trying to make plays because the team around him hasn't been playing as good as it did last year.
I agree. And I won't even give Griffin that much credit (blaming the team around him). The team around him wasn't that good last year either. He's missing open targets left and right, and has refused to run around as much which created a lot of open passes last year. Mentally, he really seems like a different player. I think Wilson has always been ahead of him in that regard but this year they've gone in opposite directions with it.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Can't blame Griffin for that defense. ..also Dilfers breakdown of Kaep was absolutely right. Its not like Kaep can't fix them though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #24
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

3 plays 53 seconds off the clock and punt. Typical Redskins offensive drive in the first half this year.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »