Home

Week 13 Thanksgiving Primetime: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-6) @ Baltimore Ravens (5-6)

This is a discussion on Week 13 Thanksgiving Primetime: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-6) @ Baltimore Ravens (5-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #49
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Week 13 Thanksgiving Primetime: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-6) @ Baltimore Ravens (5-6

What a game! I'm so thankful that the Ravens won. But, it's not over yet. Still plenty of football to be played, still plenty of obstacles standing in our way of the postseason.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 11-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #50
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Week 13 Thanksgiving Primetime: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-6) @ Baltimore Ravens (5-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I'm ALMOST a little thankful the Steelers didn't win because we would never hear the end of it with that call. From Ravens fans, from the media, from all over the place.
I agree. I was definitely pulling for the Steelers but after that happened happy they didn't win because it would've been the topic of conversation all week in the media

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

From what I hear so far it's STILL all anybody wants to talk about. Nobody on the Ravens is taking the bait and the Ravens won, but they still want to harp on it. Oh well.

I will say, it should've been a flag no matter what. The Jets got flagged for being on the white just last week. The ref had to run behind him... it should've been a flag. A flag could have legitimately resulted in giving Jones a touchdown. I'd much rather hear the talk about Tomlin which will go nowhere, than the talk if Jones was given a touchdown on that play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Coach Tomlin got caught up in the moment. Jacoby said he had to swerve a bit because of it. Even if he didn't have to swerve it should have been flagged.

I'm just relieved we held on. Big Ben was money in the second half.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #53
Rookie

Bmore's Arena

OVR: 6

I lost a lot of respect for Tomlin. There's no excuse for what he did. His bank account is about to take a big hit.

I'm glad the Ravens got the W and basically eliminated the Steelers from playoff contention.

PSN: BmoreClutch
XBL: BlastTyrant10
Old 11-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore
I lost a lot of respect for Tomlin. There's no excuse for what he did. His bank account is about to take a big hit.

I'm glad the Ravens got the W and basically eliminated the Steelers from playoff contention.
You do realize Jacoby Jones said after the game that he wasn't upset and he would've done the exact same thing in his situation right?

No one that actually took part in the game seems to care about this at all.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #55
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
You do realize Jacoby Jones said after the game that he wasn't upset and he would've done the exact same thing in his situation right?

What else are you going to say on national television while eating a massive turkey leg?

Plus, hindsight is 20/20 (probably not the right phrase to use for my point, but oh well)... if they lose, his viewpoint is far different.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #56
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

The game itself, outside of the call, was a good one. I had no idea what was going on until they showed the replay a few times. I'm more frustrated in missing a possible FG, along with dropping a two point conversion.

As for the hit on Bell, what was he supposed to do, stop in mid air when his helmet comes off? Bell is the real deal though, and will only get better. We split the season series with the Ravens again, see you guys next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »