Home

Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #25
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
Well by bigger schools I meant your top schools. Not necessarily 'small schools'. But that list would include Romo, Flacco who went to Delaware, Thad Lewis who started most of this season from Duke, Rothlesburger from Miami of Ohio, Kapernick who went to Nevada Reno, and Ryan Fitzpatrick who went to Harvard. I was talking more about your bigger schools like A&M, Alabama, Ohio State, as opposed to your Baylor,
Vanderbilt, Purdue, TCU, the ones who dont get all the big time hype.
Gotcha. Yeah not to many Ohio st, Texas, or Bama QBs right now.

Thanks Peyton. #18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #26
Rookie

MGomaha's Arena

He'll be a great quarterback, imo.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #27
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll be honest…I didn't realize how little Manziel is until the BCS title game where they had him next to Tebow. Tebow dwarfed him and while Tebow is a big guy, he's not huge for a QB in the NFL (height wise). Manziel looked 3" shorter…I fear if he plays his style in the NFL he'll get destroyed.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #28
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Lol! This happens every couple of years. Will such and such be successful in the NFL. Smh I wish that people actually kept up with these claims. Let me go down a list of successful recent college QBs who people said would be good in the NFL. Tebow, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Colt Mccoy, Colin Klein, Sam Bradford, Dennis Dixon, Jason White, Troy Smith, Jimmy Clausen, Eric Crouch, Pat White, Colt Brennan, Chris Weinke, etc. Idk if Manziel will even be around 5 years from now in football, Im doubting it right now but hey we'll see. But Im pretty sure everyone who comments that he will dominate the NFL probably said the same thing about 75% of that list. So I am sure that you guys have no clue what your talking about. Ill listen to what Greg Cosell has to say.
You're sure that everyone else is clueless, yet half the QBs you mentioned in your list weren't even remotely considered potential top-5 picks, nor graded at the same talent level. Right.

Where Manziel lands could have a big impact on how he pans out as an NFL quarterback. What pieces will be in place where he's drafted?

I actually think the Browns would be a decent spot considering the players that are already there. It's the coaching/FO situation that makes the Browns iffy, and that's admittedly a pretty huge deal, especially for a young QB.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

it depends on what team he gets drafted by. it'll be helpful if he gets drafted by a team with a presumed starter, so he can get his mechanics right for the specific style of offense. It also depends if the HC will be willing to ADAPT to fit Johnny's needs, advantages, and weaknesses.

in general, i predict he will be a succesful qb in the near future, he may have to work himself up the depth chart, but its worth the wait
Old 01-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
Just started!

Ribkage's Arena

I dont see him being a great pro. Just because he try's to do to much with his feet.I think he'll have an injury plagued career like RG3.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #31
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not a Manziel fan at all but some of the reasons you guys give for why he won't be successful is just a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #32
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Let me go down a list of successful recent college QBs who people said would be good in the NFL. Tebow...Colt Mccoy...Dennis Dixon...Pat White...Colt Brennan
Credibility - lost.

Last edited by BlastX21; 01-19-2014 at 11:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »