Home

Week 3: San Diego Chargers (1-1) @ Those Feel Good Buffalo Bills (2-0)

This is a discussion on Week 3: San Diego Chargers (1-1) @ Those Feel Good Buffalo Bills (2-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #49
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Week 3: San Diego Chargers (1-1) @ Those Feel Good Buffalo Bills (2-0)

The absolute best thing I can say about the Chargers is that weather and other factors don't matter.

They can beat you on the ground, in the air, or on defense. They can win multiple ways and can do it convincingly.

It's why I don't really believe in the Broncos or Colts that much. Both rely on their passing games far too much, and both defenses aren't that great.

I hope we get the Chargers and Bengals again this year. Last year their game was really good, and if Dalton could perform in the post season this year, then it could be an all timer, IMO.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #50
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
The absolute best thing I can say about the Chargers is that weather and other factors don't matter.

They can beat you on the ground, in the air, or on defense. They can win multiple ways and can do it convincingly.

It's why I don't really believe in the Broncos or Colts that much. Both rely on their passing games far too much, and both defenses aren't that great.

I hope we get the Chargers and Bengals again this year. Last year their game was really good, and if Dalton could perform in the post season this year, then it could be an all timer, IMO.
Yeah, those are the two teams in the AFC I think can give Denver a run for their money in the playoffs. I really feel like either this year or the next, the Bengals will make that leap and get to the Super Bowl. They just seem to have a much better balance and gameplan this year than in previous years.

The Chargers gotta get their RBs healthy. Woodhead is gone for the year now I believe and Mathews is still out, right? They still have Donald Brown, but if that's all they have, I'd take Denver and Indy's run games over that. The Colts have quietly been an above average running team so far this year both in terms of yards per game and yards per carry. Denver and San Diego, on the other hand, are 30th and 32nd respectively in YPC and 28th and 26th in yards per game.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yeah, those are the two teams in the AFC I think can give Denver a run for their money in the playoffs. I really feel like either this year or the next, the Bengals will make that leap and get to the Super Bowl. They just seem to have a much better balance and gameplan this year than in previous years.

The Chargers gotta get their RBs healthy. Woodhead is gone for the year now I believe and Mathews is still out, right? They still have Donald Brown, but if that's all they have, I'd take Denver and Indy's run games over that. The Colts have quietly been an above average running team so far this year both in terms of yards per game and yards per carry. Denver and San Diego, on the other hand, are 30th and 32nd respectively in YPC and 28th and 26th in yards per game.
SD's numbers are a little skewed. They've faced the Arizona, Seattle and now Buffalo defenses in the first 3 weeks. Plus losing C Nick Hardwick is taking some adjusting. Mathews is probably out another 3 or 4 weeks.

Rookie Branden Oliver is a guy to keep an eye on for SD. Darren Sproles clone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #52
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
SD's numbers are a little skewed. They've faced the Arizona, Seattle and now Buffalo defenses in the first 3 weeks. Plus losing C Nick Hardwick is taking some adjusting. Mathews is probably out another 3 or 4 weeks.

Rookie Branden Oliver is a guy to keep an eye on for SD. Darren Sproles clone.

Yeah, he didn't do much against buffalo, but it was nice to see him get some snaps where he used to play college football.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »