Home

Thread for NFL players in trouble with the law

This is a discussion on Thread for NFL players in trouble with the law within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #33
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Thread for NFL players in trouble with the law

Yeah I don't know how anyone can say Goodell isn't costing the league money. Proctor & Gamble just pulled out of participating in the breast cancer awareness month. They had planned to provide pink mouth guards and have players talking about breast cancer awareness in public and in social media.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Dude what? You have a guy who is one of the faces of the league accused of beating kids, and another guy who was arguably the face of his team caught on tape hitting his wife.

The incidents themselves may not be more frequent but the names involved combined w more arrests seemingly coming every week is why this had been a perfect **** storm for the NFL, and Goodell hasn't helped matters either.
And out of all of that, the only thing different was the existence of a video that went viral, drawing attention beyond normal NFL fans.

Have you looked at the laundry list of names in the NFL that have been involved in domestic violence cases? We just talked about the TWO specials being aired right now about Brandon Marshall.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #35
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Yeah I don't know how anyone can say Goodell isn't costing the league money. Proctor & Gamble just pulled out of participating in the breast cancer awareness month. They had planned to provide pink mouth guards and have players talking about breast cancer awareness in public and in social media.
They also said they would still donate the money but they would no longer provide the pink mouth guards.

What exactly did Goodell cost the league? The worst that happened was Anheiser/Busch flexed their muscles and threatened to stop supporting the NFL(which would be a huge mistake on their part not does it benefit them by doing that)but they still haven't done anything and probably won't so how is it too early?

If they wanted to leave, they could've left with no issue...and the NFL would also have no problem replacing them either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
But, how can you say he's not costing the league money? It's still wayyyyy too early to determine that. It stands to reason that actions taken by Goodell and policies put in place (and mostly the HEADLINES pursuant to those actions) can, and have, factored into public perception already. If the news about all of these criminal investigations stays on full blast, it's likely the league's popularity will change over time. But, by enough to hurt the owners in the pocketbook? That's a really hard question to answer and requires a crystal ball. So far, I'd say the answer has been "no."
Their popularity will dip some...and they'll still be the most popular sport in America.

And by costing them money, I'm not talking about $20-30 Mil, which is chump change to the League in the grand scheme.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #37
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
They also said they would still donate the money but they would no longer provide the pink mouth guards.

What exactly did Goodell cost the league? The worst that happened was Anheiser/Busch flexed their muscles and threatened to stop supporting the NFL(which would be a huge mistake on their part not does it benefit them by doing that)but they still haven't done anything and probably won't so how is it too early?

If they wanted to leave, they could've left with no issue...and the NFL would also have no problem replacing them either.
It might be too early because when you have situations like this new allegations can crop up. Goodell and the NFL better hope there's nothing else looming because if there is, there's going to be even more hell to pay.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #38
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

I guarantee there will be more incidents after these so this won't be the last time we hear Goodell talking about player conduct.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #39
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Dude what? You have a guy who is one of the faces of the league accused of beating kids, and another guy who was arguably the face of his team caught on tape hitting his wife.

The incidents themselves may not be more frequent but the names involved combined w more arrests seemingly coming every week is why this had been a perfect **** storm for the NFL, and Goodell hasn't helped matters either.
Man I followed a team that literally had a guy hire hitmen to kill his pregnant girlfriend while he watched.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 09-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #40
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Man I followed a team that literally had a guy hire hitmen to kill his pregnant girlfriend while he watched.
Man, I tell ya, if there was ever video of that back in the day it'd make this situation look like a walk in the park.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »