Home

Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens

This is a discussion on Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens

After so many action packed, close games with tons of playoff implications it seems only appropriate to close out the week with this thrilling match up!

The Ravens have spent all year trying to one up the Patriots on the big name injury front, and will be sending out a JV high school team to face the Dawg Pound tonight. Last game in Baltimore, McCown threw for 450 yards and 2 TDs... one a catch of the year candidate for Barnidge. I expect they will have their way with the Ravens through the air again.

The Browns have an awful run D, but the Ravens are down to their 3rd string RB and have injuries across the Oline... not to mention there should be 8 in the box all night with Schaub behind center and no real threat at WR anyway. Buck Allen should have a little success due to volume alone, but not enough to sway the outcome.

Haden is still out with a concussion which should help the Ravens passing game a little... but did I mention Schaub was starting? Or that the oline is in shambles? Yes? What about the lack of passing threats? Okay, everything covered.

I can't accept that the Ravens are about to be swept by the Browns so I will still pick them to win a low scoring ugly game tonight. But anyone putting money on this, bet on **** brown. And all you who still enjoy DFS, McCown, Benjamin, Barnidge and the Browns D should all be in play. Temper expectations of Allen, and Aiken is a high risk, high reward option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens

Why is Schaub still in the league?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

IDK, but he is about to cash in on the oppertunity.

@AdamSchefter When BALT signed Matt Schaub, it included a $500K roster bonus if he played 5 percent of snaps, $1M for 10 percent. Schaub about to cash in.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Why is Schaub still in the league?
I defended the signing when people said the same thing back then. Better to have a veteran backup who's had some starting experience (including big games). But he looked like a shell of himself in the preseason... and he wasn't working from that high of a place to begin with.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I agree with Wwharton completely, sometimes it's best to have a guy who's been through the rigors of the QB job especially in a situation where there's a clear cut #1 guy. At this point in Flacco's career there shouldn't be any unneeded craziness with a younger QB who can come in and it may erupt into some kind of controversy. It's true that Shaub has looked like a shell of his former self since his last year in Houston but we've seen some QBs find a bit of a spark and do some good work for a short spell. Maybe that's something Schaub can find with the Ravens.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Buck Allen, that's a great name. I like guys named Buck who are associated with Baltimore sports. Even Bucky.

Maybe Terrence West will start his redemption story with his hometown team.

Idk, I'm grasping for straws right now.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Buck Allen, that's a great name. I like guys named Buck who are associated with Baltimore sports. Even Bucky.

Maybe Terrence West will start his redemption story with his hometown team.

Idk, I'm grasping for straws right now.
lol...

I did forget to mention West. For those that don't know, many Ravens fans were hoping they would grab West bc they needed a RB at the time, and he came out of local Towson University. Very rare that anyone from the small school has a chance at NFL stardom (can count on one hand the professional sports stars I know to come out of Towson), and even better if he could fill a need on the home team.

Well we lost him to the Browns, where he eventually fell out of favor. After a short stint with the Titans, he found himself on the Ravens practice squad. The team once again needs help at RB and, though he's not the #1 option, I'd think he'd get a couple of carries to prove himself against his old team.

How was that Bmore Irish? I literally can't think of anything else positive on the Ravens side of things so hopefully West has a big game.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
lol...

I did forget to mention West. For those that don't know, many Ravens fans were hoping they would grab West bc they needed a RB at the time, and he came out of local Towson University. Very rare that anyone from the small school has a chance at NFL stardom (can count on one hand the professional sports stars I know to come out of Towson), and even better if he could fill a need on the home team.

Well we lost him to the Browns, where he eventually fell out of favor. After a short stint with the Titans, he found himself on the Ravens practice squad. The team once again needs help at RB and, though he's not the #1 option, I'd think he'd get a couple of carries to prove himself against his old team.

How was that Bmore Irish? I literally can't think of anything else positive on the Ravens side of things so hopefully West has a big game.
Well said. I'm a Towson alum and watched West tear up the FCS early on before I graduated. I'm definitely rooting for the guy.

Idk what other recent players from Towson have made it big other than Jermon Bushrod and Sean Landeta. Ryan Delaire was playing pretty well at defensive end for the Panthers recently, but that was while other players were injured, so idk if he's on the field anymore. Other than that, it's mostly practice squad or CFL.

Last edited by Bmore Irish; 11-30-2015 at 03:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »