Home

Week 2 MNF: Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-1)

This is a discussion on Week 2 MNF: Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #89
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Week 2 MNF: Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I'd still take Dak. But this couldn't be thrown in the OT thread? We had to bump this? Lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

We did because apparently someone got their feelings hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #90
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
It's fine. Not a problem.
All I said during predraft chit chat was that I thought Wentz was going to be a bust and didn't want him on the Cowboys for multiple reasons. My rationale was that he went to NDSU, played against no one, and was never challenged in college from an adversity standpoint. (He also didn't meet Parcells' QB criteria.)

He was too raw for my taste and I wanted Dallas to take one of the big Ohio State players at #4, not him.

That series of comments turned into this witch hunt because Eric Gagne Jr is apparently a huge NDSU homer and he didn't like my opinion. I tried to be polite but it never stopped and continued into this week 2 thread.
I've stayed out of the Wentz conversation because I did not watch him in college.

What I do know is we're going into week 14 and you just bumped a week 2 thread.

So you waited 12 weeks to say "I told you so" because "it never stopped"? Really?
Old 12-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #91
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I've stayed out of the Wentz conversation because I did not watch him in college.

What I do know is we're going into week 14 and you just bumped a week 2 thread.

So you waited 12 weeks to say "I told you so" because "it never stopped"? Really?
It was a near-constant refrain with him for a few months earlier and he couldn't wait to **** off when Wentz lit up hapless Cleveland and Chicago. I'm sure having a spouse who is supposedly a NDSU alumni has nothing to do with anything.

Wentz is bad, he has played bad, and the numbers and tape reflects it. You can blame his WRs and coach and all that stuff but someone is touching the ball every play and it's not them.

There is no chance the Cowboys would have only 1 loss if he was their QB right now. None.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #92
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm sorry, which skill players on the Eagles are as good as Delanie Walker, Doug Martin, or Mike Evans? Who in their receiving corps right now is better than even former first-round pick Kendall Wright?

Heck, Dorial Green-Beckham, who starts for the Eagles right now, couldn't even get on the field last year for the Titans, as bad as their receivers apparently were last year.

Furthermore, the Eagles are currently top 10 in the league in dropped passes per Washington Post. Wentz might look a little better on paper if his receivers were actually consistently catching the ball.
Jordan Matthews, for one, is better than any WR the Titans had last year. And it's not like Walker is a humongous upgrade over Ertz. Yes, he's better. But it's not a Rob Gronkowski to Geoff Swaim-esque drop. It's like going from a B+ to a C+. Not significant. Wentz has markedly better running backs to work with the Mariota did.

DGB not playing last year was as much a result of not playing for a whole year after college (the whole Mizzou-Oklahoma thing) as it was not being that good but he was getting regular PT by the end of the year. (He had 2 100-yard games after Mariota got injured.) What did Kendall Wright do? He managed 36 catches at 11 ypc in 10 games. Sure, he's better than Nelson Agholor, but that's not difficult. Probably why Tennessee has been playing Sharpe and Matthews over him.

Quote:
That's just flat-out wrong.

Foremost, Wentz in totality hasn't been nearly as bad as you suggest. Second, Mariota was wildly inconsistent as a rookie; he finished with a QBR of 51 (Wentz is current at 48 for comparison), the Titans won all of three games, and there were a couple games where they failed to score a single offensive touchdown. Winston, though less inconsistent and overall better (QBR of 60), certainly wasn't consistently good.

All three were and are talented rookie quarterbacks who have endured some struggles, and have overcome (or in Wentz's case, will overcome) them.
The W-L record argument is pointless. I'm not a big QB wins guy, and I haven't said anything about that regarding Wentz. Mariota went to a team with the #2 pick. Wentz went to one that was pick 8 originally. The Eagles were better off than the Titans from top to bottom, roster-wise.

The last 2 months, Wentz has been dreadful.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #93
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
We did because apparently someone got their feelings hurt.
Or perhaps because someone decided to call out you for jumping the gun. This has nothing to do with anyone's feelings getting hurt and everything to do with me being right and you being not-so-right.

I said Wentz would be a bust. You decided to declare after week 2 that he wasn't. I decided to wait awhile and let the NFL catch up. And they have. And the results have been predictable.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #94
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I mean, he's still not a bust...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #95
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I think everyone's said their piece. Time to let this WEEK TWO thread die.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »