Home

Week 15: Philadelphia Eagles (5-8) @ Baltimore Ravens (7-6)

This is a discussion on Week 15: Philadelphia Eagles (5-8) @ Baltimore Ravens (7-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Week 15: Philadelphia Eagles (5-8) @ Baltimore Ravens (7-6)

Baltimore up 7-3 in the 1st quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 02:55 PM   #2
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 15: Philadelphia Eagles (5-8) @ Baltimore Ravens (7-6)

Wentz in his last 9.5 games: 5.9 YPA, 7 TD, 12 INT, 11 fumbles, 3 lost fumbles, 70.3 passer rating.

Kind of concerning?
Old 12-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Wentz in his last 9.5 games: 5.9 YPA, 7 TD, 12 INT, 11 fumbles, 3 lost fumbles, 70.3 passer rating.

Kind of concerning?
Not at all. First year QB, underperforming receivers, inconsistent run game.

Not to mention he didn't play any pre-season football.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I mean, it's concerning as much as a QB struggling is concerning. But thinking maybe they whiffed on the pick? Nah, no way.

Shame Eagles didn't convert on the game winning 2PT and make Flacco pay for his late INT and the offense for running right into the Eagles DL in an attempt to run out the clock.

Ravens got gashed today by Ryan Mathews and a practice squad RB, neither passing offenses looked particularly good and it was strange seeing both get ran on like they did.

But hey, Baltimore came up big on the potential game winning play... Insert cliche "find a way to win" mantra here. Setting up a delicious game next week. I personally wanna see the Ravens win the North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Games like this are why, even if the Ravens make the playoffs, I don't have a ton of confidence in them to make a run.

This is a game they should win, and sure, they got the W, but they damn near choked it away.

The regularly jump out to early leads only to let them slip away, and they struggle to lead comebacks. God forbid they have to run the two minute drill, it's typically at a snail's pace with check downs galore.

As far as Philly is concerned, I don't think anyone should be all that surprised that a rookie QB is looking like a rookie QB. The hot start was a bit deceiving, and the rookie wall is real. Dak Prescott hasn't exactly been setting byte world on fire these past few weeks either.

But fans are fickle, which is why you still hear Ravens fans calling for Harbaugh's job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Games like this are why, even if the Ravens make the playoffs, I don't have a ton of confidence in them to make a run.

This is a game they should win, and sure, they got the W, but they damn near choked it away.

The regularly jump out to early leads only to let them slip away, and they struggle to lead comebacks. God forbid they have to run the two minute drill, it's typically at a snail's pace with check downs galore.

As far as Philly is concerned, I don't think anyone should be all that surprised that a rookie QB is looking like a rookie QB. The hot start was a bit deceiving, and the rookie wall is real. Dak Prescott hasn't exactly been setting byte world on fire these past few weeks either.

But fans are fickle, which is why you still hear Ravens fans calling for Harbaugh's job.
The offense may be the most inconsistent in the league, and it seems like it has been that way for some time.

And what you said about rookie QBs it true. It is never as easy once defenses have film of you to work off of. The mark of a good play is the ability to adapt, that is why I dislike the tendency by some to overhype QBs after one year.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The offense may be the most inconsistent in the league, and it seems like it has been that way for some time.

And what you said about rookie QBs it true. It is never as easy once defenses have film of you to work off of. The mark of a good play is the ability to adapt, that is why I dislike the tendency by some to overhype QBs after one year.
It's maddening to watch this offense, over the course of a single game, go from in rhythm and moving the ball at will to totally flat and can't even get a first down.

I don't know how many games they've come out on fire the first drive or two, then completely fizzled. That Redskins game was probably the best indicator of what they would be this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »