Home

Week 8 SNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) @ Detroit Lions (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 8 SNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) @ Detroit Lions (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2017, 03:09 AM   #17
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Week 8 SNF: Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) @ Detroit Lions (3-3)

Glad to see no one complain in here about the Lions going for it on 4th and goal down 13-12(though I wouldn't have gone for it). There was a laundry list of complaints earlier this week in the off topic thread about coaches never taking risks in the NFL.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:20 AM   #18
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Steelers had miscues, wide open TD passed dropped, Bell fumble, Ben INT alongside the defense getting shredded by Stafford but I'll take the win. The Defense stepped up big in the red zone, especially on the 4th and 1 stop.

Juju is a great shot of energy, his 97 yard TD catch was nice. He was too tired to celebrate in the end zone .
Yeah, the two missed TDs by the Steelers were definite gifts the Lions didn't take advantage of tonight. I did laugh at JuJu with the bike chain on the sideline though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Glad to see no one complain in here about the Lions going for it on 4th and goal down 13-12(though I wouldn't have gone for it). There was a laundry list of complaints earlier this week in the off topic thread about coaches never taking risks in the NFL.
From the 1-yard line, going for it is the right call. Some of the calls prior to fourth down though should be criticized. It turning into a 97-yard TD, however, is generally not how not getting that TD ends up. The only people upset about the lack of field goal in the situation are the most conservative fans ever and (the majority) people speaking in hindsight.

I didn't expect us to bottle up Bell as much as we did. Offense seriously let the defense down. Schedule lightens up for us from here, but man, it would be nice to beat good teams that aren't the Vikings.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I guess I'll be hindsight guy

why not take the lead? I'm not upset or anything, I see the idea of trying to score the TD and probably go for 2 and make it 20-13, sounds great, sign me up, and if you don't get it Pitt has to go the full length of the field, Det has field advantage. Not to mention 15-13 isn't even a FG lead technically. No one could've predicted 97 yards for a score and it's a bummer for Detroit, but I actually did think taking the points and the lead would've been nice.

Don't crucify me

Spoiler
Old 10-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

It sure did come back to bite them as they could’ve been kicking a game winning field goal on their last drive, but I thought it was the right call to go for it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #21
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
It sure did come back to bite them as they could’ve been kicking a game winning field goal on their last drive, but I thought it was the right call to go for it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The way Stafford was carving up the Steelers D last night, I would have went for it as well.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »