Home

Week 9: Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Week 9: Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Week 9: Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers

Could these two teams be much different from the first time they met? I have a hard time calling this a rematch.

Exit Hoyer, enter Beathard. Exit Palmer, enter Stanton. Adrian Peterson vs. Reuban Foster. The 49ers offensive line is a mash unit, but the defensive line is shaping into one of the best in football. Tyrann Mathieu has been off this season, but Tramon Williams, Tyvon Branch, and Patrick Peterson make this still one of the best secondaries in football.

I honestly don't expect this to be particularly competitive. The 49ers are a worse football team than they were in the first matchup. The 49ers have only 1 NFL starter level offensive lineman in this game (Fusco), and only 1 NFL starter level Linebacker (Foster), and only 1 NFL starter level receiver (Goodwin). The 49ers also tend to start guys who are younger even if the backup is better (Kittle over Celek).

I had a gut feeling earlier this week that this would be the 49ers first win, but analyzing it objectively I just can't go with that pick. Cardinals 24, 49ers 13.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »