Home

2018 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2018 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #633
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Reid hasn’t had a concussion since 2014. He missed the last six games of 2016 with a torn biceps. Missed a few games last year with a knee injury. He’s one of the better safeties in the league.

I hope we bring him back since Ward/Tartt have had injury issues.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:41 PM   #634
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

If the Jets use that 3rd pick on my boy Mayfield. I'll cry tears of bitterness. I LOVE that kid. I don't want him going to a **** organization like the Jets.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #635
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
If the Jets use that 3rd pick on my boy Mayfield. I'll cry tears of bitterness. I LOVE that kid. I don't want him going to a **** organization like the Jets.

I don’t think the Bills are much better equipped to handle a talented prospect like Mayfield.

Do you trust OC Brian Daboll with a QB like Mayfield, or any of these prospects?

I hope we run out McCarron, who at least has experience in a real NFL offense before we poison one of these QB’s. I really feel like whoever we draft will have to be an absolute star to succeed in spite of whatever garbage Daboll puts together. The guy is wholly uninspiring when not on a dynastic team (NE in NFL, Alabama in college).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #636
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I don’t think the Bills are much better equipped to handle a talented prospect like Mayfield.

Do you trust OC Brian Daboll with a QB like Mayfield, or any of these prospects?

I hope we run out McCarron, who at least has experience in a real NFL offense before we poison one of these QB’s. I really feel like whoever we draft will have to be an absolute star to succeed in spite of whatever garbage Daboll puts together. The guy is wholly uninspiring when not on a dynastic team (NE in NFL, Alabama in college).
I'm not nearly as pessimistic as you are but that's why i'm alright with the McCarron signing if it means Daboll completely falls on his face as an OC in Buffalo. At least that means whoever is drafted doesn't get sent to the slaughter.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #637
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I wasn't a huge fan of Daboll at Alabama, but don't underestimate the impact that Hurts' limitations put on what he was able to call and the offense could execute.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-18-2018, 07:51 AM   #638
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The more I see of Josh Rosen, the more I think he’ll be a star in the NFL. The big knock against him (and Mayfield) is their attitude. Ok? Like there’s not plenty of attitudes in the NFL. Unless that attitude is leading to arrests and suspensions, let me hear about his football ability. Haven’t heard a knock against that.

Would love the Bills to go get him. Sure Browns and Jets and Broncos, get Darnold (think will be average), Mayfield (do like, if short), and Allen (physically there but can he actually be a good QB?).

We’ll probably have to get in to the Top 10 as it stands. The big wild card to me is the Giants... do they go QB or Barkley if he’s there at 2? We assume CLE gets a QB at 1 or 4, Jets at 3, Broncos at 5, and then it’s clear sailing unless TB pulls a shocker or something. We sit at 12, behind the Dolphins who I think totally could go QB. Jump them, we might get our guy.

But I think we have Allen on our mind. I see this regime of McDermott and Beane as wanting a monster at QB and Allen fits that bill, though Rosen is just an inch shorter though Allen has a cannon of an arm. Someone will fall in love with the arm talent as they always do, even if that arm talent is all strength and no touch. Hopefully someone else makes the decision for us!

Sooo many questions heading in to the draft. So much can change. Pretty much a lesson in futility trying to figure out how it’ll shake out, but I’m still gonna try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #639
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

JJSS is a riot. I love this guy.

JuJu Smith-Schuster: Vontaze Burfict's appeal story 'can't be serious'

http://es.pn/2plKIsV
Old 03-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #640
MVP

OVR: 11

Could see Jeta trading up for Baker. Seeing all the reports about Elway loving the guy, maybe they jump them for him. Think he fits New York better than Rosen.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »