Home

Super Bowl LIV - Kansas City Chiefs v San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Super Bowl LIV - Kansas City Chiefs v San Francisco 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2020, 06:43 PM   #17
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Super Bowl LIV - Kansas City Chiefs v San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
State Farm almost had their dream matchup, should be a decent game.
Also, NFL almost had its SB I match up during NFL 100.

I think both sides are equally nervous about what the other team can do. Last year has nothing to do with this year and both teams are peaking right at the right time. That 49ers running game is stout, but the Chiefs run defense is a different look. I think if they can get SF into more passing downs, better chance for a turnover or 2.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Also, NFL almost had its SB I match up during NFL 100.

I think both sides are equally nervous about what the other team can do. Last year has nothing to do with this year and both teams are peaking right at the right time. That 49ers running game is stout, but the Chiefs run defense is a different look. I think if they can get SF into more passing downs, better chance for a turnover or 2.
I hope you weren't talking about what I posted. But what happen even 3 years ago matters. I trying to find any match up if the previous offensive (Andy) vs (Robert) defensive coordinator and vice versa match ups. Like for example.... I'm going to watch the Saints vs 49ers game tonight (and the year before). To see what they were really success vs 49ers in that game. Yes, last year was a different defense. But tendencies matter. I don't watch these games looking at the final score like that's the end lol. I have a All 22 pass for the scouting camera angle just to throw out there. Everything matter lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2020, 10:13 PM   #19
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

This is the first Super Bowl in 7 years that won't have C.J. Anderson or LaGarrette Blount.

Pat Mahomes is the first QB from a Texas college to make the Super Bowl.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:11 AM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Here what I was talking about in terms of offense vs defense ratings in the super bowl.

Only one number one offense has trashed the number one defense. And that was 49ers vs Broncos.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galler...-giants-020117

I like to think that the Tampa Bay vs Oakland super bowl was the same. But it wasn't. Not to mention John Lynch was on that Tampa team lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 06:17 AM   #21
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

We've seen this movie before. 49ers take an early lead , Mahomes figures the defense out in the second quarter and does what he does for the rest of the game.

34 - 31 Chiefs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2020, 08:42 AM   #22
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't see KC stopping our run game, I also don't believe Mahomes will be successful dropping back 40-50 times against this defense either without any mistakes. which is what I think will be the difference in the game.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 01-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #23
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Super Bowl LIV - Kansas City Chiefs v San Francisco 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
This is the first Super Bowl in 7 years that won't have C.J. Anderson or LaGarrette Blount.

Pat Mahomes is the first QB from a Texas college to make the Super Bowl.

Nice nugget. Neither of those RB are even on a team right now! Wouldn’t have guessed the second. First to start or first ever?

Love this matchup. I gotta stick with the 49ers kinda going wire to wire this season as the best team in the league. I keep saying it but Jimmy G worries me and I think SF knows he’s the weakest link, yet he can also put together a great game too so this isn’t a Dilfer situation. Chiefs need to get to him, which is a tall task against a healthy and strong SF OL. The Niners really are so well built from top to bottom. Amazing work done together with Lynch and Shanahan at the helm. Jim Tomsula era seems so far away now!

Mahomes is magical, and he’s gonna have to have a great game to win this thing for KC. There’s a version of this game that jimmy G can throw 20 passes and win; I just don’t see that being possible for KC & Mahomes. Partly by how they’re built and what they ask Mahomes to do weekly. He can certainly do it but going up against that SF front... yikes. Mahomes has had some sneaky good rushing games this postseason, I think SF will make it a point to collapse the pocket in on him and not let him get outside. He’s gonna do some crazy things and make some escapes and behind the back 360 backflip passes, sure. But that’s the stuff you want to force him in to, not throwing from a clean pocket or rolling and striking down field.

If KC wins this game, an unsung hero will be Damien Williams. This dude is a playoff TD scoring machine. He hasn’t had a great YPC, but they’ve asked him to punch the ball in and he’s been the man. He’s talented enough to get going. Andy Reid might need to lean on him since we know SF will be keying on Mahomes. For as great as Reid is, sometimes he forgets about his RB. Don’t outcoach yourself Andy, use all the tools in your belt and give Mahomes help if it’s working.

Feels like we’re going to get a good game but that SF will be in control of it. They’ve been so impressive all year, some letdowns in the second half of the season but all extremely thin margins and when they’ve needed to step up and take it (@NO, @SEA Week 17), they’ve done it. They’re going to answer the call in Super Bowl LIV too.

49ers 31, Chiefs 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 01-21-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #24
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm rooting for the Chiefs but I won't be surprised either way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »