Home

Week 17 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 17 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2022, 12:41 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Did folks ever consider that maybe he doesn’t care or GAF?

He’s had problems before and nobody mentioned CTE back then. The only things folks were saying about him was “He needs to be done/He’s a cancer/He’s a bad teammate/person”, etc.
I'm of the mind that he may have CTE but that isn't the explanation for this behavior. He's been this way for a long, long time. He's never truly been held accountable and has always been given second chances. And people act surprised when each stunt out does the previous one?

He has other mental health issues that have never been addressed so its spiraled out of control.

Anyway, to the on field stuff. My preseason predictions for the AFC North were way off. I expected the order to be
1. Cleveland
2. Baltimore
3. Cincy
4. Pitt
Didn't get a single position right.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 01-04-2022 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2022, 03:50 AM   #122
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm of the mind that he may have CTE but that isn't the explanation for this behavior. He's been this way for a long, long time. He's never truly been held accountable and has always been given second chances. And people act surprised when each stunt out does the previous one?

He has other mental health issues that have never been addressed so its spiraled out of control.

Anyway, to the on field stuff. My preseason predictions for the AFC North were way off. I expected the order to be
1. Cleveland
2. Baltimore
3. Cincy
4. Pitt
Didn't get a single position right.
Probably pissed he wasn't getting his bonus money by getting benched. So just decided it wasn't worth it to continue to play. He hasn't made rational decisions before but generally not out in the open with cameras everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2022, 04:10 AM   #123
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

End of that game tonight was like a movie.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:04 PM   #124
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

McAfee Show did a great job pointing out how poor the playcalling was for Cleveland...

Why take Chubb out when he was rolling? Why roll your QB to his weakside when he has a shoulder problem and will struggle to make that throw?

They dismissed the idea that Stefanski was trying to "expose and bury" Mayfield...but such frequent bad decisions always seems intentional.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:56 PM   #125

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
McAfee Show did a great job pointing out how poor the playcalling was for Cleveland...

Why take Chubb out when he was rolling? Why roll your QB to his weakside when he has a shoulder problem and will struggle to make that throw?

They dismissed the idea that Stefanski was trying to "expose and bury" Mayfield...but such frequent bad decisions always seems intentional.
Peyton Manning was calling them out for that literally during the game. They were playing like they absolutely had to throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2022, 06:04 PM   #126
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Stefanski says Chubb was hurt. Though he had 4 carries for 35 yards in the first half, I'm not sure I'd say he was "rolling" when one of those carries went for 32 of those yards.

I would tend to believe he was hurt as he carried 11 times for 26 yards in the game if you throw out the 32 yarder.

I highly doubt Stefanski set out to have Baker fail.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...takeaways.html

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2022, 10:22 AM   #127
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

To be fair to Stefanski, the Steelers Defense is excellent at baiting a QB and coach into plays and then taking it away. That's what they did to Buffalo in week 1 - bait us into passing and then confusing the reads post-snap (as well as dominating our OL)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »