Home

The Official 2023-24 Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2023-24 Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2023, 11:17 PM   #33
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Official 2023-24 Season Talk Thread

Sometimes you lose the lottery and end up with Cale Makar over Nolan Patrick, other times you lose the lottery and end up with Bowen Byram over Jack Hughes. Not to say Byram is bad even with his struggles playing on the right side this year, Hughes is insane.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:51 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

VGK are some bad Mfers.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2023, 12:01 PM   #35

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Was only a matter of time...

Pinto suspended 41 games for reasons relating to sports betting.

His suspension apparently counts during the Sens current games played even though he's unsigned. Perhaps Sens knew of this before and that's why he's unsigned? Now he'll be like a deadline acquisition, maybe a diff cap hit or diff salary structure?

I highly doubt he's the only one associated with this. What's stopping players friends and family from betting?

It's why even during stupid bets like SuperBowl anthem length, can't the person signing it know how long it takes and just tell their family/friends "take the under".

Last edited by Majingir; 10-26-2023 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2023, 01:46 PM   #36
All Star

OVR: 13

Kinda gimmicky but I like the thinking behind the "Frozen Frenzy" promotion last Tuesday. Tons of games, try to own a night where you're not competing w/ the NFL (maybe a bit of bad timing w/ LCS games in baseball and NBA opener, but baby steps...). Some of the start times for games kinda stunk, but as much grief as we all give the league, I think it's worth noting when they're trying to do something that makes some sense.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:08 PM   #37

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Kinda gimmicky but I like the thinking behind the "Frozen Frenzy" promotion last Tuesday. Tons of games, try to own a night where you're not competing w/ the NFL (maybe a bit of bad timing w/ LCS games in baseball and NBA opener, but baby steps...). Some of the start times for games kinda stunk, but as much grief as we all give the league, I think it's worth noting when they're trying to do something that makes some sense.
That's also what they've been doing with "hockey day in Canada" where one Saturday of the season is a quadruple header, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm start times (ET) and every one of those games features at least 1 Canadian team.

Maybe that's another route to do in the future too. A Saturday where from 2pm until 10pm ET there's games all day long. Maybe have a different game start every 30 minutes? So one at 2:00, one at 2:30, one at 3, one at 3:30 and so on.

With 16 matchups, that's 16 start times over an 8 hour span. Every game will be starting and finishing at different times, there'll just be nonstop hockey all the time.

And not fully related to this, but they should do what MLB does and everyone plans at the same time on the final day of the season. Given how close hockey standings are, you definitely don't want a final game having teams sitting starters or playing backup goalie or so on because of playoff seedings

Last edited by Majingir; 10-26-2023 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 03:37 PM   #38
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

So this guy was in a contract dispute and then got suspended for gambling? Lol

Old 10-26-2023, 04:49 PM   #39

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmetalhead
So this guy was in a contract dispute and then got suspended for gambling? Lol

Makes you wonder if perhaps his high asking price could be in part due to his losses?

Sounds like he agreed to not appeal (perhaps they "reduced" the suspension to 41 games if he didn't bother to appeal it altogether/they had more incriminating stuff on him that would get out out if he did appeal).

Would anyone be surprised if the NHL does try to cover up if a guy bet on games? They just dust it under the rug as "sports betting", not specifying the details behind it because we know the NHL tries its best to not let any dirt get out.

If he bet on Sens games and we find out the NHL was covering it up, this could be something much worse for the whole league and not sure the legal ramifications of a league covering up the fact that one of their players bet on games.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:29 AM   #40
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Is it possible the Vancouver Canucks are the best Canadian team this season?

I'm not liking my Leafs defense and 5-on-5 we are not impressive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »