Home

The Official 2010-11 Regular Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2010-11 Regular Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #81
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Official 2010-11 Regular Season Talk Thread

I watched that game and agree Sid. They could easily have won the game and yeah **** happens. The Hawks will be fine I think moving forward

I have a quick OT question - does anyone own a Reebok Edge jersey and can tell me differences in how they fit compared to the replicas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Absolutely. In the next 2-3 years someone is going to either a) die or b) become seriously handicapped from a bad hit.

The problem the NHL (and a lot of fans) are having trouble understanding is that there's a huge difference between a 'legal' hit and a 'safe' hit.
This league is no longer filled with 5'8" 160lb forwards. Legal hits 20 years ago didn't result in the same destruction as they do now. That's why the league needs to look at what's safe.
Agreed. The tired old "should've had his head up" kneejerk excuse doesn't wash much of the time anymore. There's a difference between dishing a good clean hard shot for the purpose of separating a guy from the puck (which is what a check is for in the first place) and taking a legal but completely unnecessary shot that could seriously injure someone. Just because you're in a position to lay somebody out doesn't mean that you should lay somebody out in certain circumstances. And players know the difference as they line somebody up. "I didn't mean to, I was just trying to play hard".....yeah right. There is simply very little respect left in the game anymore. And unfortunately, it WILL take somebody's death to change the culture.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #83
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

First win of the season for the Wild tonight. Didn't get to watch it, but looks like Koivu had a nice game. 2G, 1A

Perceptor, I have one, but I tend to buy my hockey jerseys a bit larger so I can wear a hoodie under them. So for me, not a big difference. Don't know if you're talking about wearing one over equipment to play or just for wearing them. I guess I'm not that big of a help here, haha.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 10-14-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 26

Good win by the Sens tonight, that was a beauty goal on the 3 on 1. Hopefully this will be a confidence booster for the Canadiens game on Saturday.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #85
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
First win of the season for the Wild tonight. Didn't get to watch it, but looks like Koivu had a nice game. 2G, 1A

Perceptor, I have one, but I tend to buy my hockey jerseys a bit larger so I can wear a hoodie under them. So for me, not a big difference. Don't know if you're talking about wearing one over equipment to play or just for wearing them. I guess I'm not that big of a help here, haha.
I was just going to buy one to wear and not over a hoodie I just want to know how close a size m (50) in an edge jersey is to an (m) in replica
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #86
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

lol Cody McLeod scores the first goal of the year and than 22seconds later got a 5min major penalty and game misconduct.

Avs were very lucky on that 5min PK, Anderson came up big so the score still at 1-0.

Last edited by Kobalt; 10-15-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #87
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Great effort on that goal by Stalberg. Hossa scores as I was starting to post. 2-0!

Columbus has had some good looks(2 shots off the post) but nothing to show for it.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #88
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Cheap shot by Colin White to T.J. Galiardi.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »