Home

The Official 2011-12 Regular Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2011-12 Regular Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Official 2011-12 Regular Season Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
It is with great pleasure that I start this thread!
Off topic, but am I correct in gathering that you're a Sabres/Suns/Braves/Texans fan living in LA? That's... unusual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Off topic, but am I correct in gathering that you're a Sabres/Suns/Braves/Texans fan living in LA? That's... unusual.
If you really want to gain insight, follow the man on Twitter. Only then will it all make sense.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

I saw the so-called analyst John Buccigross picked the Flyers to miss the playoffs entirely (he picked the Bruins, Sabres, Devils, Rangers, Pens, Lightning, Capitals, and Jets). I obviously hope the Jets do well, but if they make the playoffs over the Flyers, I'll cut my leg off.

Last edited by BunnyHardaway; 10-04-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
I saw the so-called analyst John Buccigross picked the Flyers to miss the playoffs entirely (he picked the Bruins, Sabres, Devils, Rangers, Pens, Lightning, Capitals, and Jets). I obviously hope the Jets do well, but if they make the playoffs over the Flyers, I'll cut my leg off.
I don't see how the Jets make the playoffs. It's ridiculous how badly people are overrating the Sabres. Erhoff and Regehr are solid pickups, but $4.5m for Leino is asinine. He's a solid player, but he's not a differene maker. I think the Flyers will be the 4 or 5 seed come playoff time.
NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapenn90
I don't see how the Jets make the playoffs. It's ridiculous how badly people are overrating the Sabres. Erhoff and Regehr are solid pickups, but $4.5m for Leino is asinine. He's a solid player, but he's not a differene maker. I think the Flyers will be the 4 or 5 seed come playoff time.
Sounds about right...could potentially finish higher if Pronger stays healthy and the young guys (Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Read) give us something. I actually wouldn't mind trading Schenn and someone else for Shea Weber, but I don't see that happening.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
Sounds about right...could potentially finish higher if Pronger stays healthy and the young guys (Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Read) give us something. I actually wouldn't mind trading Schenn and someone else for Shea Weber, but I don't see that happening.
Both Weber and Suter of the Preds are UFA's after the season I believe. I bet the Flyers will make a run at one of them, probably Suter is more likely
NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #15
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Yep.

From an old post;

Quote:
I was born in 1987:

I'm a Suns fan because my older brother was. He became a Suns fan because he was given the jersey #24 for his elementary basketball team. When he asked if there were any famous basketball players who wore #24, someone said Tom Chambers. Chambers was on the Suns, so that stuck with him. My earliest memory of the NBA came in 1993, which was the year we made it to the Finals. Obviously my bro was riled up so I picked up on it. I remember bawling (in a Chicago Bulls shirt, interestingly enough) after Paxson hit the shot to end it. Obviously, the rest is history.

I'm a Braves fan because, again, my older brother was. It was the TBS factor. Coming home every day and relying on a game to be on, taking a small wooden bat and imitating the stances, the amazing pitching, Chipper Jones....they captivated me (and so many others) and I haven't looked back.

I'm a Texans fan because I never really had a true favorite NFL team. I used to root for the 49ers as a kid, but it never really stuck. They were always on TV since we lived in Fresno, and they had many fans at school. Either way, it didn't stick after 1996, 1997 or so. I ended up teamless until the Texans were announced. I figured start from the beginning and see where I'd end up. Loved the team name, colors, stadium, etc. Then when it became apparent that David Carr (Fresno State) was going to be the #1 pick, it kinda cemented it. 9 years later, Carr proved to blow and is long gone, and I'm a Texans fan for life because it fits.

I'm a Sabres fan because I never really had a true favorite hockey team. It was never one of my favorite sports and that's because no one I was close to cared about it too much. I followed it loosely, but whatever. Back a few years ago, I decided to just try it out. I needed a new addiction and passion. I was sick of the heartbreak from my other teams. The criteria was that they don't be an established superpower, and that they don't be a southern team, because hockey is synonymous with winter and cold.
I used to love using Buffalo in old hockey games. Watched a few Buffalo games and liked what I saw. Fast-paced offense, good goaltending, etc. I saw a bit of parallel to the Suns so that helped. 40 year history, been screwed a few times, poor management at the moment (until St. Pegula came along), etc. Now, they've stuck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #16
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

My Predictions, my predictions are usually way off from what happens.

Eastern Conference
  1. Buffalo
  2. Washington
  3. NY Rangers
  4. Boston
  5. Tampa Bay
  6. Pittsburgh
  7. Philadelphia
  8. Carolina
  9. New Jersey
  10. Montreal
  11. NY Islanders