Home

NHL Off-Topic thread

This is a discussion on NHL Off-Topic thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #473
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL Off-Topic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Renowned hockey expert and certified genius Matthew Barnaby thinks the Oilers can get Subban out of Montreal for the 4th pick and some combination of players/prospects.
It's Montreal so I think this is within the realm of possibilities.
It looks like Bergevin has been shopping Subban for a while. If that's true, that in itself tells you how dumb the Canadiens braintrust is.

Quote:
I hope to hell Matthews doesn't bust, and a few of the lower prospects already in the system, and incoming can be NHL players.

There are some nice young pieces in Rielly, Nylander, Marner, and Matthews, but who knows how it will pan out for any of them save for Rielly—who I think we can say is at least a nice three with the potential be a very good top pairing player.
This might sound really outlandish, but I actually think the Leafs might be better off staying away from Stamkos and allowing Nylander and Matthews to blossom as their top centres.
With Stammer there, I think he stunts Nylander's growth as well as fill a tonne of cap space.*
But maybe Nylander can move to the wing to compensate?
I wonder what happens to Marner in that situation too? I know he was used as a RW in the World Juniors when paired with Strome, but watching this year in London, the kid looks great as a centreman.

*Or maybe it's wishful thinking from a Wings fan who really wants Stamkos in Detroit next year.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #474
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Forbes ranks the value of the NHL teams

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #475
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Renowned hockey expert and certified genius Matthew Barnaby thinks the Oilers can get Subban out of Montreal for the 4th pick and some combination of players/prospects.
Should fire Bergevin on the spot if he gets rid of PK before Therrien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carko32
If they cannot trade him for a top4 Dmen, than they should take one of D and hope they pan out.
I think they're better off drafting Dubois over Chychrun if they don't trade the pick just because I think you should draft BPA, especially in the top 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 03:14 AM   #476
Rookie

carko32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
I think they're better off drafting Dubois over Chychrun if they don't trade the pick just because I think you should draft BPA, especially in the top 5.
You are right, but from their point of view I would think that Tkachuk might be BPA.

I believe that Dubois will be better player, so I am secretly hoping he falls to Canucks, I wish them well, because they will have to do a rebuild and their management does not give you much hope, so they could really use some luck.

What is your bigger need, defensemen or forward? You take one of Juolevi/Sergachyov/Chychrun/Bean or would you rather have Jost/Keller/Brown?
Old 05-05-2016, 03:26 AM   #477
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I believe that Dubois will be better player, so I am secretly hoping he falls to Canucks, I wish them well, because they will have to do a rebuild and their management does not give you much hope, so they could really use some luck.
I believe the 2016/17 Vancouver Canucks have found their official slogan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 05-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #478
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
You are right, but from their point of view I would think that Tkachuk might be BPA.

What is your bigger need, defensemen or forward? You take one of Juolevi/Sergachyov/Chychrun/Bean or would you rather have Jost/Keller/Brown?
Seems like this draft class for defensemen are pretty weak. Possibly because Sean Day's career just took a turn for the worse after his brother got jailed. I think selecting a forward early is much safer than selecting a D. However, still think Juolevi, Sergachyov, and Chychrun will all go in the top 10. I'll take a crack at it and say Arizona, Buffalo and Montreal that selects those 3 if there aren't any trades.

Some team will reach for Logan Brown since he's 6'6 and he's good at puck possession. He even talks about it, so it'll impress some teams during combine interviews.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:22 PM   #479
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
Some team will reach for Logan Brown since he's 6'6 and he's good at puck possession. He even talks about it, so it'll impress some teams during combine interviews.
Even if he wasn't a great possession player, teams would still be tripping over themselves to draft a big two way center. If he gets to 16 (doubtful), I'd want the Wings to take him.

Having seen all three top 3 D play live, I'd rank them like:

1. Chychrun
2. Sergachev
3. Juolevi

Logan Stanley is a trap. When I saw London play, I was more impressed by Mete than Juolevi, based upon my expectations for them.

In general, D is pretty weak this draft.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #480
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12

In a perfect world I'd like to see Buffalo trade up to 5 or 6 and grab one of Nylander or Tkachuk but I'm not optimistic about that happening. A mock draft I was looking at earlier has them drafting Juolevi at 8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »