Home

2023-24 UEFA Competitions Thread

This is a discussion on 2023-24 UEFA Competitions Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM   #89
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 2023-24 UEFA Competitions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmetalhead
Yikes. People will be wanting to position Porto as some great underdog, but I'm not interested in dog **** football like that.

What are they really supposed to do though? Are they supposed to come out and try to play open against one of the better teams in the competition?

Most Arsenal fans I know aren’t panicking they believe they’ll turn it around in the 2nd leg but you have to be able to break teams down. They were fortunate to not be down 1-0 when that guy missed those 2 chances in a split second. That same guy flubbed a few other opportunities too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2024, 10:25 PM   #90
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
What are they really supposed to do though? Are they supposed to come out and try to play open against one of the better teams in the competition?

Most Arsenal fans I know aren’t panicking they believe they’ll turn it around in the 2nd leg but you have to be able to break teams down. They were fortunate to not be down 1-0 when that guy missed those 2 chances in a split second. That same guy flubbed a few other opportunities too.

Im an idealist, which frames my views on things such as this. I believe there’s a big difference between a low block, tactical nullification, and playing on the break compared to diving and blatant time wasting.

No, some teams can’t challenge others in open matches, but to what level you’re allowed to not engage in a game of football is often determined by match officials. Other than a few instances, Porto were doing what they could to not participate in a football match and the referee went along with it.

Arsenal might still lose, or draw that match at best, but a different referee would’ve told Porto to get up and get on with it, and I’d rather watch that match and indulge in that sport than what I sat through last night.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:43 PM   #91
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Im an idealist, which frames my views on things such as this. I believe there’s a big difference between a low block, tactical nullification, and playing on the break compared to diving and blatant time wasting.
Exactly.

Porto isn't completely void of talent. They can also play however they want. I know they aren't trying to impress me. I'm just saying I hope they get knocked out if that's how it's going to be because I don't want to watch it.

Last edited by southernmetalhead; 02-22-2024 at 10:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 07:54 AM   #92
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

No, some teams can’t challenge others in open matches, but to what level you’re allowed to not engage in a game of football is often determined by match officials. Other than a few instances, Porto were doing what they could to not participate in a football match and the referee went along with it.

Arsenal might still lose, or draw that match at best, but a different referee would’ve told Porto to get up and get on with it, and I’d rather watch that match and indulge in that sport than what I sat through last night.

While I agree with you Kreb I have to remind you that the game is reffed so much differently than the Prem (no dig at Arsenal not being in the UCL for some time). They’re going to get away with those things and they have years and years of experience of doing it.

For me it just comes down to the lack of experience and getting caught up in the moment but like I said, I still think you smoke em at home. I actually think Arsenal is the 2nd or 3rd favorite to win it behind City & Real Madrid and I know City wouldn’t want to play you guys over 2 legs.

Old 02-24-2024, 11:23 AM   #93
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
While I agree with you Kreb I have to remind you that the game is reffed so much differently than the Prem (no dig at Arsenal not being in the UCL for some time). They’re going to get away with those things and they have years and years of experience of doing it.
No, it's valid—we have to learn fast, (and hopefully apply it today, because Newcastle are officiated differently than other teams) because they'll be even worse on the road with a lead. An early goal in the second leg would be magnificent.

My assumption is they'll attempt to nullify our attack in the same manner, but we'll very likely throw something different at them, and that will hopefully catch them early.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:27 PM   #94
Inter Miami

Bayern and PSG going through.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:12 PM   #95
Inter Miami

Copenhagen was done anyway but what an embarrassment from the keeper on that Alvarez goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2024, 10:18 AM   #96
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

PSG, Man City, Madrid, Bayern all through? How predictable and dull. Time for something fresh in the quarter-finals, a club who hasn't been there for some time, a club such as Arsenal, perhaps.

Maybe, hopefully, possibly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »