Home

The Transfer Thread

This is a discussion on The Transfer Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #6281
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Transfer Thread

Yeah that was my thought basically.

120 million for a kid that is guaranteed to leave when you could get Auba for probably 60-70 million, Lacazette for like 50 etc.

Would have a ton of money left over for Arsene to sign all the 4th division French teenagers he wants.

Or in Liverpool's case you guys could free up a lot of money and time to spend the rest of the window tapping up Southampton players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #6282
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

arsenal should be trying to sign both mbappe and lacazette. i mean its not like they don't have ludicrous amounts of money; considering generally how little they spend compared to the top clubs over the past decade.

even if mbappe ends up leaving after a few seasons, its not like they wouldn't get top dollar on that sale, even if its lower than the 120+ million they might have to pay today.

im very skeptical of this actually happening though.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 06-23-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #6283
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Most likely situation is we get Lacazette and Lemar. If we can get rid of a few players to clear some salary and recover some money from those two I think we might try to get both Laca and Mbappé, if he's willing to join us at least.

Mbappé is our first priority now and I actually like our chances for him. I don't mind the 120 million as it's not my money and it'd actually show the fans and players (Sanchez and Ozil) that the board is still somewhat serious. If he leaves in three years so be it. Maybe he falls in love with the club and gives us his best years. But then again I'm probably way too optimistic only to be struck down by Wenger signing two 14 year old Nigerian kids and calling it a summer.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 PM   #6284
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Isn't this the normal window for Arsenal? Linked with everyone, rumored to sign a few big names and end up with one decent signing.
The price for Laca is rumored to be 57m now instead of the 44m previously reported.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 AM   #6285
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Lacazette would be a great signing but he won't help them.

Arsenal definitely need that 20+ goal striker, but it's not like scoring goals is or has ever been their biggest problems. Arsenal always scores goals, their problem is they consistently crumble under pressure in the league and CL.

The clubs culture needs to be changed, they no longer have that ruthless winning mentality from top to bottom that is required to regularly challenge for and win titles.

United and Chelsea have already shown you don't need the very best players to win things as long as you have the right mentality and fortitude. Fergie's last title was an absolute walk in the park, and he did it with one of the worst title winning squads in probably the last decade. Chelsea won a CL against Bayern freaking Munich in their home stadium with Jose Bosingwa as a center back and a CL debutant who had to play out of position and guard one of the most dangerous wingers on earth.

I just can't see Arsenal pulling anything like that off unless they make serious changes to the atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #6286
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Lacazette would be a great signing but he won't help them.

Arsenal definitely need that 20+ goal striker, but it's not like scoring goals is or has ever been their biggest problems. Arsenal always scores goals, their problem is they consistently crumble under pressure in the league and CL.

The clubs culture needs to be changed, they no longer have that ruthless winning mentality from top to bottom that is required to regularly challenge for and win titles.

United and Chelsea have already shown you don't need the very best players to win things as long as you have the right mentality and fortitude. Fergie's last title was an absolute walk in the park, and he did it with one of the worst title winning squads in probably the last decade. Chelsea won a CL against Bayern freaking Munich in their home stadium with Jose Bosingwa as a center back and a CL debutant who had to play out of position and guard one of the most dangerous wingers on earth.

I just can't see Arsenal pulling anything like that off unless they make serious changes to the atmosphere.
I agree but it all starts from the top down so yeah... you know where I am going with this.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #6287
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

At the same time it would be nice to have talent and not have to rely on an unbreakable will/spirit.

Lacazette would be a good buy considering his skillset, that's if Ozil/Alexis stay.

In other news, it looks like Matic to Man United for ~40 mil is all but done. I don't like selling to United but that's a good return for us and considering his fluctuation in form/buying a more athletic replacement I'm OK with seeing him go.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #6288
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Imo if they want him we should just hold out.

If he leaves we still lack CL level depth in that department and I'd rather not strengthen United, especially if they end up getting both Matic and Fabinho.

Just make them wait unless we are planning on signing two CMs this window, which doesn't seem likely considering the amount of players we are buying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »