Home

MLS Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLS Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #1417
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLS Discussion Thread

That's unfortunate too because the fan base has been really strong since day one. Even when they were awful for so many seasons, the fans still showed up and supported better than some supporter groups. But now, that stadium is usually rockin!

And speaking of TFC, they made another statement against a Montreal team that's been playing very well lately. Giovinco finished with a brace, and while his first goal was excellent and typical Giovinco, his second was an absolute beauty! For anyone who didn't see it, look it up!

While I'm here, I'll voice my frustration with my FC Dallas boys. We couldn't look much better the first couple months, but something clicked the wrong way when Zimmerman went down and Hedges and Acosta started getting called up to the USMNT. We have had our full squad back recently, but we're just not very good right now. We're very flat on offense, and our usually great defense has been leaking goals more and more often. It isn't time to fully panic, but we're getting awfully close to the playoff bubble. I never would've predicted it a couple months ago. I was thinking Supporter's Shield and possible MLS Cup run...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-17-2017, 12:00 AM   #1418

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

TFC just 6pts away to tie LA for most points in mls history. Killed LA today 4-0. Giovinco and Altidore didn't even play.

Crazy how they have just 3 losses and next closest in their conference has 8!

For Canadian soccer in general, this could be biggest year ever. TFC breaking mls record, Vancouver possibly 1st in west, and not only might Canadian team win mls cup, but could be TFC VS Vancouver in finals. All this while also in 2017 having news of Canada being part of frontrunner bid to host World Cup games!

Last edited by Majingir; 09-17-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #1419
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
TFC just 6pts away to tie LA for most points in mls history. Killed LA today 4-0. Giovinco and Altidore didn't even play.

Crazy how they have just 3 losses and next closest in their conference has 8!

For Canadian soccer in general, this could be biggest year ever. TFC breaking mls record, Vancouver possibly 1st in west, and not only might Canadian team win mls cup, but could be TFC VS Vancouver in finals. All this while also in 2017 having news of Canada being part of frontrunner bid to host World Cup games!
I haven't commented much on TFC this year but it has been an absolute dream of a season and we seem a lock for the Supporter's Shield. I'm nervous about winning the MLS Cup. Seems like the last few win points leaders crashed and burned in the playoffs.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #1420

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I haven't commented much on TFC this year but it has been an absolute dream of a season and we seem a lock for the Supporter's Shield. I'm nervous about winning the MLS Cup. Seems like the last few win points leaders crashed and burned in the playoffs.
Same can be said for many record breaking seasons. Warriors broke Bulls record, lost in finals. Mariners broke wins record, lost in playoffs. Pats had perfect season, lost in SuperBowl. Wings have NHL record for wins, and lost in playoffs. Let's hope TFC doesn't fall in this category.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-17-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #1421
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Well, we (FC Dallas) won the Supporter's Shield last season but lost our best player to injury in stoppage time of the second-to-last regular season game. We had a good stretch of play earlier this season, but I'm not sure we've ever been the same since Mauro Diaz went down last year. Then we faced a bit Seattle team in the playoffs, and the rest is history as they say. If Diaz didn't get hurt, I liked our chances against any team.

There's no world where I can't see TFC at least getting back to MLS Cup. Atlanta FC is honestly the only team in the East with the overall explosiveness and talent to hang with them. NYCFC could do well if they get hot, but Toronto is so damn solid everywhere. And in the West, who knows what will happen. Every team that gets in probably has a shot to win and advance to MLS Cup. I'd probably give the nod to Sporting KC though as of now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #1422
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Gio is honestly Gerrard levels of disappointing at this point. It's pretty clear he just came to LA to party, and his brother sadly has a similar attitude.

I was under the impression Galaxy were moving on from Arena because there was not enough focus on younger players, and yet the lineups still contain largely washed up older players.

Funny how Ashley Cole made those comments a few years ago comparing playing in the MLS to retiring on the beach, and he's one of the few players out there every game actually trying.

Roughly half this current team just needs to be scrapped and overhauled.

Also Jermaine Jones. Don't even really need to make a comment, just typing his name is probably enough.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #1423
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Minnesota was tabbed to be the worst team in MLS history, and yet they could easily finish ahead of the Galaxy. ROFL
Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #1424
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

What an embarrassment! I'm not a Galaxy fan, but MLS is better when the Galaxy are rockin and rollin! I'd love to see the Dos Santos brothers turn it around and have a good 2018 season, but things are starting to look like a dumpster fire could break out at any moment. I'm confident in Sigi Schmidt turning any team around if given enough time, but we'll see.

On a side note, how fun is it to watch Atlanta United right now? Not only is their fan base comparable to the teams in the Great Northwest, they're also playing a fun style of soccer. I'm sure Toronto or NYCFC will expose them in the playoffs, but I wouldn't want to go up against them right now. Atlanta United is great for MLS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »