Home

League Prestige

This is a discussion on League Prestige within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4
League Prestige

Currently managing in Allsvenskan, 3rd season, after 2 in MLS. Just curious as to wh opinions of which leagues are more prestigious than others. I am hoping to get some offers to move on and don't want to make a lateral/backwards move - main goal is to manage in Premier League (Liverpool) at some point.

My thoughts, I will list by country (i.e - Sweden = Allsvenskan)
1 - UK, Spain, Italy
2 - France, Russia
3 - ???
4 - ???
5 - nPower 2, K-League, MLS

Am I close, am I a loon, any help will be much appreciated.
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: League Prestige

In my opinion:

1. England (Premier League)
2. Spain (Liga BBVA), Italy (Serie A)
3. Germany (Bundesliga)
4. France (Ligue 1), Russia (Russian Football Championship), Turkey (Super lig), Portugal (Liga Zon Zagres), Brazil (Liga Do Brasil)
5. Netherlands (Eredivisie), Belgium (Jupiler Pro League), Argentina (Primera Division), Mexico (Liga MX)
6. Sweden, Scotland etc.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
In my opinion:

3. Germany (Bundesliga)
4. France (Ligue 1), Russia (Russian Football Championship), Turkey (Super lig), Portugal (Liga Zon Zagres), Brazil (Liga Do Brasil)
5. Netherlands (Eredivisie), Belgium (Jupiler Pro League), Argentina (Primera Division), Mexico (Liga MX)
6. Sweden, Scotland etc.
Very nice, thanks!

So according to your list Allsvenskan is at the bottom looking up, so any move within UEFA would be a step up - with the excpetion of Scotland. That's something to think about.

I have been doing some research and (I'm a football novice) it seems the amoun to automatic qualifiers for Champions and Europa equate to a higher prestige (duh?!?).
"A two count is routine. You kick out at two if you aren’t done. Kicking out at one is a MESSAGE. It says NO in capital letters. A middle finger. A promise that the other man is going to have to kill you if they’re going to put you down." ~ Brandon Stroud
Old 03-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Yeah, you're right about the CL and UEFA automatic qualifiers. Also, Argentinian league and Mexican league might be on par with the leagues at number four.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:58 PM   #5

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
Very nice, thanks!

So according to your list Allsvenskan is at the bottom looking up, so any move within UEFA would be a step up - with the excpetion of Scotland. That's something to think about.

I have been doing some research and (I'm a football novice) it seems the amoun to automatic qualifiers for Champions and Europa equate to a higher prestige (duh?!?).
This is always true....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
In my opinion:

3. Germany (Bundesliga)
6. Sweden, Scotland etc.
I would bump Germany up to a tier 2 league now. Italy is falling lower and the Bundesliga is gaining popularity, quickly I might add (especially is Bayern defends the treble). I would also move Ligue 1 up to a tier 3 league, as the oil money owners of PSG and AS Monaco single handedly will bring that league up. Not to mention Zlatan.... lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »