Home

The Open Game Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Open Game Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15
The Open Game Discussion Thread

This thread is meant to be the place to talk about any and all games going on around soccer. It's not specific to one league, and even though we do this quite a bit in the EPL thread, I know a lot of us watch games outside of the EPL. And with Bundesliga and La Liga starting this weekend, I figured there's no better time.

Anyways, I thought Atletico looked fantastic today during the Spanish Super Cup, and Real seemed to lack cohesion. Also, Ronaldo threw a punch in the dying seconds, so we'll see if anything comes from that.

PSN ID: cma1093 | Xbox Gamertag: Cabke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Open Game Discussion Thread

Atletico still have there core squad so I expect them to make some noise in the La Liga and Champions League this season, they are a really tenacious team.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
Rookie

TMuss's Arena

OVR: 2

If you missed the Malaga vs Athletic Bilbao game, catch a replay of the last 10 minutes.

Back to back straight reds for Malaga (both legit), a tying header goal by the Athletic keeper only to be waved off by the ref because " I do what I want", and to cap it off, a totally takedown of an Athletic player in the box by the Malaga keeper...and ignored by Ref Cartman. Malaga wins 1-0.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Seeing Real and Atletico play is interesting as I'm pretty much a casual fan of La Liga and I follow both teams.
I think even though Atletico won now, Real will walk the league now that Costa and Courtois are gone, and Koke might go.

Plus Barcelona is banned from transfers for awhile so they can't strengthen their squad.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
MVP

Cabke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Seeing Real and Atletico play is interesting as I'm pretty much a casual fan of La Liga and I follow both teams.

I think even though Atletico won now, Real will walk the league now that Costa and Courtois are gone, and Koke might go.

Plus Barcelona is banned from transfers for awhile so they can't strengthen their squad.

Hahaha right. Madrid will be Madrid. Atletico is extremely strong. And Madrid has four or five guys who all have the same idea. That just doesn't work. They bought James, who is a more inexperienced, inferior, more expensive version of Angel Di Maria. And now Di Maria is leaving.

The transfer ban won't really affect Barca this year. They didn't shore up their back line as much as I wanted them to, and they need fullback depth, but their midfield is very strong and with Neymar, Messi, and Suarez up front, they have world class attacking. Not to mention, they have quite a bit of depth up front as well.

You're insane if you think Madrid is going to walk all over La Liga.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabke
Hahaha right. Madrid will be Madrid. Atletico is extremely strong. And Madrid has four or five guys who all have the same idea. That just doesn't work. They bought James, who is a more inexperienced, inferior, more expensive version of Angel Di Maria. And now Di Maria is leaving.

The transfer ban won't really affect Barca this year. They didn't shore up their back line as much as I wanted them to, and they need fullback depth, but their midfield is very strong and with Neymar, Messi, and Suarez up front, they have world class attacking. Not to mention, they have quite a bit of depth up front as well.

You're insane if you think Madrid is going to walk all over La Liga.
Yeah no chance Real just runs away and wins the league by 15 points. Barca and Athleti are way too good for that. Plus selling Di Maria will be almost as bad as when they sold Makelele to Chelsea. The board may not rate him, but that guy is pure, pure class and is a glue guy who can do anything you want. The Kroos purchase was an awesome buy, but James for Di Maria who wants to do what Bale, Ronaldo do is gonna cause issues eventually.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 08-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

Cabke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Yeah no chance Real just runs away and wins the league by 15 points. Barca and Athleti are way too good for that. Plus selling Di Maria will be almost as bad as when they sold Makelele to Chelsea. The board may not rate him, but that guy is pure, pure class and is a glue guy who can do anything you want. The Kroos purchase was an awesome buy, but James for Di Maria who wants to do what Bale, Ronaldo do is gonna cause issues eventually.
Man, I loved the Kroos purchase. I would have loved to see him in a Barcelona jersey. Now I have to hate him.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
The James purchase was unnecessary but you know Real Madrid wanted to sell some Kits. I can't believe they would give up di Maria doesn't make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »