Home

*NASCAR 09 Warning for 360* Back Up Your Saved Profile

This is a discussion on *NASCAR 09 Warning for 360* Back Up Your Saved Profile within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: *NASCAR 09 Warning for 360* Back Up Your Saved Profile

Heh, this happen to me on Tuesday, so I spent the day re-doing 75 challenges.

Strange this was, I had my profile saved on a memory card (before the corruption), but once I attempted to load it, it 'disappeared' from the mem card.

Odd.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
Banned

Yeah, as the game gets good word of mouth, more people are picking it up, and so it's being reported more and more often now. I'm thinking that during any given profile save, it just randomly corrupts for some reason, and then you're screwed.

With it getting more attention, I'm hoping EA can release a patch for it, but you know how that goes.

If you always save the profile twice (once to the hard drive, then immediately thereafter the memory card/stick), I'm thinking it should help rectify things because chances are one of those saves will be a good one. Yeah, it's an extra step, but it doesn't really take any time at all.

Since I wasn't too terribly far in the first time, I'll just consider that practice for the real thing the 2nd time around.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #11
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm holding off on doing anymore challenges until this get patched. Besides, running with OS guys with my car at default helps me out because everyone is tuned up to burn fuel like crazy. With my car on default, I get about 2-3 more laps per fuel run!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4

like i dont even want to try to redo everything because who knows what the chances of it happening again are

this sucks
Old 07-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #13
Banned

Well guys, enjoy the game. I'm done. The profile save corrupted on me AGAIN, and in the SAME PLACE--after the 4th race of the Craftsmen truck series in Career mode. For the love of everything sacred, can EA not put out one game that doesn't have some game-breaking bug? Damn, these people have no quality control whatsoever.

I even saved it twice, one of those to the memory card to have as a backup--no dice. Both saves are corrupted.

At this point, I think my only recourse is to get a good PC gaming rig and stay away from consoles altogether for the racing. I don't want arcade racers, and most console publishers could care less about sim titles (I'm talking the real deal--40+ cars on the grid, damage, physics, the whole enchalada. Some consoles titles have some of these, but not all of them). Then when a decent one like this one comes out, a corrupted save bug rears its ugly head--beautiful EA, just beautiful. These guys are making money hand over fist, yet game-breaking incompetence reigns.

I hear Papyrus still to this day has set the bar for PC NASCAR games, so I might have to check some of those older titles out. Not to mention GTR2, etc.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Sorry to hear that.

I have an XChange360, and I know I have a non-corrupted save currently, so i've backed it up on my CPU as well.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Well guys, enjoy the game. I'm done. The profile save corrupted on me AGAIN, and in the SAME PLACE--after the 4th race of the Craftsmen truck series in Career mode. For the love of everything sacred, can EA not put out one game that doesn't have some game-breaking bug? Damn, these people have no quality control whatsoever.

I even saved it twice, one of those to the memory card to have as a backup--no dice. Both saves are corrupted.

At this point, I think my only recourse is to get a good PC gaming rig and stay away from consoles altogether for the racing. I don't want arcade racers, and most console publishers could care less about sim titles (I'm talking the real deal--40+ cars on the grid, damage, physics, the whole enchalada. Some consoles titles have some of these, but not all of them). Then when a decent one like this one comes out, a corrupted save bug rears its ugly head--beautiful EA, just beautiful. These guys are making money hand over fist, yet game-breaking incompetence reigns.

I hear Papyrus still to this day has set the bar for PC NASCAR games, so I might have to check some of those older titles out. Not to mention GTR2, etc.
Be prepared to spend lots of time and money. But if a sim experience is what you are looking for, then PC is the way to go.

I enjoy NASCAR 09 because it's convenient. I simply come home from work and fire it up on my 360 There's no need to go download tracks, patches, cars, etc.

Let me know if you pick up Nascar Racing 2003. I'll catch you online sometime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #16
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4

does anyone think its from sahring cars back and forth?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »