Home

Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:18 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
It's just not as it appears! I even went into the settings of the console just to make sure the demo machine wasn't downgrading the visuals and they are set right. Game just doesn't look anything like the mock ups. They must have taken all those screens from a souped up developer PC.

Because once it made it to the console it's downgraded quite remarkably. It doesn't look any better than Forza and the environments look like 2D polygons mixed with 3D car models. Car details are remarkable, and shine and reflect somewhat, but the physics in them are somewhat broken.

Guys just go to a Best Buy and hit up the demo!!! I don't want to say much more without knocking the game. I'm still buying regardless, because I own all GT games, even that terrible Prologue version.
Thanks for hitting me up with the real. See they had my head souped up thinking this was going to be the sickest racing game visually and now I hear otherwise. I'm glad to be dealt this blow of knowledge early instead of popping it in my PS3 and sitting there saying WTF. Matter of fact I'll be hitting up a Best Buy tomorrow. I gotta take something back and take wife furniture shopping (YA! that will be fun ) so I'm going to check that demo out myself. This game keeps losing more and more luster as info comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 AM   #26
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Still looks impressive. Here's in-game screens of GT5 (no touch ups). Keep in mind, since these are direct-feed things like aliasing and an aggressive LOD will look worse than in motion.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Wow! I'm not impressed anymore. Isn't this supposed to be a flagship title showing off the abilities of the PS3?

All those jaggies and blurry patches! Don't even bother looking at how damage is modeled. It's embarrasing.

From the screenshots above GT5 looks no better than FM3 (worse IMO). It reminds me of the days when I was PC gaming...ridiculous visuals on the back of the box, but since my rig was 2 generations behind I get dumbed down graphics. Well, at least I can save my money and not buy a PS3.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #28
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah Forza 3 is definitely more impressive and the environments have so much more detail...on FM3!
Attached Images
File Type: png 3953595837_32ded35c86_o.png (346.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg forza_3_xbox360_screenshot_4.jpg (55.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg forza3.jpg (54.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Header_Ferrari.jpg (101.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #29
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Camino Viejo is arguably the best looking environment in Forza 3, but most of others are rather dull looking. I still think GT5 is a cut above in terms lighting and car shaders. Also, it has weather and is rendering twice the number of cars on the track.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »