Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Ok, this is truly my last question (I think). How easy is it to wreck AI cars or wreck your self? Is it realistic to where a slight bump heading into the corner can be enough to send someone spinning, or do you really have to slam them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #186
Rookie

Skittles6547's Arena

OVR: 13

I can't wait!!! I'm dusting off the old capture card getting my RPM ready and ready to start recording races and get in some leagues. Its been a long 3+ years for NASCAR fans!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #187
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretiztik
how far are you from knowing if career mode has multiple seasons? and if it progresses or is 2010 season every year? thanks
I have spent the majority of time today, in create-a-car mode and snapping photos. I am going to jump back into career mode right now actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Can you choose between different kinds of paint in the shop? Gloss, metalic, peralescent ect....And is it possible to make a replica of the General Lee?
yes you can, they have three types of finishes, including Gloss, Flatt, Metalic...and maybe 1 more. Yes you can replicate any car design or skin that you have ever seen. The ease of it, will depend on your skill level though.

Quote:
One more question. How many drivers are in the games database? I know there are 43 on race day, but will the same 43 be racing in every race in career mode?
I will check....not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedawg68
Is there a mirror in chase view? Also, any new knowledge on car manufacturers in creat-a-car?
Getting an answer on the manufacture choice from the developers as I type this. WIll post it as soon as I have answer. I do not see any option as of yet. The cross hair detection system at the bottom though is just awesome.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #188
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Ok, this is truly my last question (I think). How easy is it to wreck AI cars or wreck your self? Is it realistic to where a slight bump heading into the corner can be enough to send someone spinning, or do you really have to slam them?
Bro, you don't have to worry about asking a lot of questions. That's what this impression session is all about.

Its not too easy, but it's not overly hard either. You will see what I mean come Tuesday. You can bump, grind, and race hard...and the cars will move but maintain. If you catch them in a turn, it's a bit easier to hook them, and yourself.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #189
Rookie

goosedawg68's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for all the info. I'm pretty sure all the rest of us wish we were in your shoes right now.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #190
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

First off...thanks again for posting all this wonderful information.

As for my question. I know the developers have mentioned that each AI driver drives like their counterpart NASCAR driver and they each have their own "personality." Do you find this to be true? And when racing in career mode or quick race, how do you feel that certain AI personas (i.e. Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt Jr., etc.) race according to their strengths and weaknesses?

For example: This coming weekend is at California (Auto Club) Speedway and Jimmie Johnson tends to dominate at this particular track (or intermediate tracks for that matter). Do you find in-game that Jimmie Johnson is stronger at say California Speedway compared to Daytona (where he tends to struggle a bit more)?

Another example (in case above wasn't very clear): Kyle Busch tends to perform very well at short course tracks compared to the restrictor plate tracks (Talledega, Daytona, etc.) So is Kyle Busch more competitive at the short course tracks then he is at the restrictor plate tracks?

Sorry if this question is too specific. I just have found many games in the past where the AI has been ranked according to strength and far too commonly these AI drivers would finish very similarly to that ranking at all race tracks. Thanks again for your valuable input.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 2

Another question for you. how in depth is the career mode? can you describe what you can do in it? also are there any fantasy drivers to choose from? im hoping there isnt but it doesnt really matter that much because there are atleast 43 real drivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 1

couple of questions
1. Is the high groove ever faster then the low groove. I noticed in nascar 09 the low groove was always faster then the high groove regardless of track.
2. does your car handle any differently in clean air.
3. does your car drive different from practice to the race like in real life. Is bristol day race any different then bristol night handling wise.
4. I noticed in nascar 09 I would run out fuel like 10 laps before the AI cars, does this happen nascar 11.
5. Are lap times and pits times close to real life times

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »