Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Forza 4 Impressions

Finished my first race. With regard to controls, this game's like an old friend; perfectly familiar with it. It's a gorgeous game, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #26
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I've been trying out some super cars on the Top Gear test track a lot lately. Been using the Nissan GT-R, Lexus LF-A, and the 458 Italia...

The Hammerhead corner is freaking hard. Even I put the braking line on, I still brake too late lol.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

It is A-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!

The cars look fantastic, the framerate is smooth, the ai is improved, all positive for turn 10. They have made a great sim racing game.
IMO it's better than NFS Shift 2 and GT5.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #28
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I have a major gripe however that is not game related. The music and the inability to "set" or set-up your soundtrack. There are like two songs on this puppy that im lovin and i cant listen to them all the time or what have you. This is something that GT does superbly well but it has nothing to do with racing lol absolutely nothin BUTi kinda would have liked the tunes to have been custom. I never actually tinkered wih getting music the xbox an having it play during me gaming so i wonder if is possible?

And lastly. Why aren't there more people with this game. games like Nascar etc come out and they flock to those ut a true racing game comes out and it's kinda quiet? Unless everybodys just playing so in that case Im off to play too.........
Just hit the guide button and move over a tab. You can play whatever music is on your hard drive.

I'm not sure what to do with this game. I'm still finishing Dirt 3 and will be getting NFS next month so don't really feel like I need it. Rented Forza 3 a few times and enjoyed it but not seeing why I'd play this over the other racing games I've got/will get.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #29
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm really starting to get addicted to Rivals Mode.. you get so much cash and it feels good to beat other peoples times, especially when they're your friends.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #30
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
my wife actually went to gamestop with me to day and gave me permission (i had some credit and a trade)...

all i can say is this: UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!! I have no need for any other racing games... found that i wrecked a couple times by looking around at the scenery. just wow!!!
FINALLY we agree on something my friend Gotta love OS!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #31
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Just hit the guide button and move over a tab. You can play whatever music is on your hard drive.

I'm not sure what to do with this game. I'm still finishing Dirt 3 and will be getting NFS next month so don't really feel like I need it. Rented Forza 3 a few times and enjoyed it but not seeing why I'd play this over the other racing games I've got/will get.

Huh? dude get this game.. I was Meh I mean vey "meh" about Forza 3 myself. NOT with Forza 4 no way...

Oh and thanks for the tip

Dirt 3 is a VERY good racing game as well it just didn't have enough "rally racing" for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #32
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

I played this a little tonight with my 15 year old son. I watched him mess around in autovista, and the different game modes. I'm a big fan of racing games and have played many as a 37 year old.

I'm gonna say this is the best racing game I've played!

From graphics, presentation, and audio, to gameplay/feel/physics, and game modes Forza 4 easily claims the racing throne. Menu navigation is easy and intuitive, and I love the guy's voice from Top Gear. We were playing on the 55-in HD TV and it was gorgeous! It shows that the developers are total car enthusiasts. I am extremely impressed with the overall product.

I can tell my son and I are going to enjoy many, many hours playing this and talking cars! How frickin' cool is that?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »