Home

CodeMasters IndyCar Game

This is a discussion on CodeMasters IndyCar Game within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2019, 04:44 AM   #1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
CodeMasters

CodeMasters does such an unbelievable job with their F1 games and finds mega ways to improve them every year that I'd love for them to make an IndyCar game. In fact, my idea would be for them to make a combined F1 & IndyCar game. I think it would be epic if they made a game with both racing series on it. I think it would vastly enhance their market as well and up their sales to offset the increased costs associated with acquiring all the necessary licenses needed to for an IndyCar game. I'm just dying to play an IndyCar game and get to race the Indy 500 and also tracks like Texas and Michigan in Indy cars.

Am I the only one that think this would be an epic idea to have become reality? Seriously, I would preorder this game in a heartbeat.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

Last edited by AUTiger1; 01-19-2019 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Make title more clear
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: CodeMasters

I would love a true Indy game with career mode. Not enough fans to support by itself, which is why I think it would have to be a combined effort. However, if more and more F1 Guys keep coming over to race some Indy races, the worldwide popularity might grow.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
CodeMasters does such an unbelievable job with their F1 games and finds mega ways to improve them every year that I'd love for them to make an IndyCar game. In fact, my idea would be for them to make a combined F1 & IndyCar game. I think it would be epic if they made a game with both racing series on it. I think it would vastly enhance their market as well and up their sales to offset the increased costs associated with acquiring all the necessary licenses needed to for an IndyCar game. I'm just dying to play an IndyCar game and get to race the Indy 500 and also tracks like Texas and Michigan in Indy cars.

Am I the only one that think this would be an epic idea to have become reality? Seriously, I would preorder this game in a heartbeat.
Codemasters made an IndyCar game in 2004 and 2005. Both were flawed but had potential, especially with online racing with clean drivers. But both games sold poorly and were poorly promoted by Codemasters, so don't expect to see a partnership between INDYCAR and the Codies anytime soon.

No sanctioning body ever would sell its license to be shared with another series, so don't expect to see an officially licensed F1-IndyCar game. That's nuts. Won't happen.

You won't find Michigan in an officially licensed IndyCar game unless there are classic tracks. The series hasn't raced at MIS in a few years, at least. The series races on these ovals in 2019: Indy, Texas, Iowa, Pocono and Gateway.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #4
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Codemasters made an IndyCar game in 2004 and 2005. Both were flawed but had potential, especially with online racing with clean drivers. But both games sold poorly and were poorly promoted by Codemasters, so don't expect to see a partnership between INDYCAR and the Codies anytime soon.

No sanctioning body ever would sell its license to be shared with another series, so don't expect to see an officially licensed F1-IndyCar game. That's nuts. Won't happen.

You won't find Michigan in an officially licensed IndyCar game unless there are classic tracks. The series hasn't raced at MIS in a few years, at least. The series races on these ovals in 2019: Indy, Texas, Iowa, Pocono and Gateway.

I did not know that they had made an IndyCar game before. I didn't know about the F1 game until 2010. They don't market the game they way they should.

Also didn't realize that they had stopped racing at Michigan.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 01-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I would love a true Indy game with career mode. Not enough fans to support by itself, which is why I think it would have to be a combined effort. However, if more and more F1 Guys keep coming over to race some Indy races, the worldwide popularity might grow.

Exactly what I was thinking. It wouldn't work as a stand alone game because the fan base just isn't big enough. But if it was packed with F1 where it could be marketed to the entire world, it could work.

I don't think it's such an off the charts idea.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CodeMasters IndyCar Game

I'd like it too, but there's likely not a big enough market for it to make it work. Co-branding to me, is smart... but unlikely to ever happen.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Closest you will get to this is when iRacing releases AI in (hopefully) March.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
Closest you will get to this is when iRacing releases AI in (hopefully) March.

I've always wanted to try iRacing but I just don't have the means necessary to afford it.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »