Home

NASCAR Heat 4 Review

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 4 Review within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #65
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NASCAR Heat 4 Review

Despite not thrilled with the FOV in cockpit view (only way I can play) I think I'll pick this up after my shifter gets in.

I need more Nascar fix..

I love NR2003 but want a change.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #66
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

The FOV in cockpit view is a nightmare when running in triple screens (not sure if you are or not), but it's manageable in single-screen mode--just feels like driving in slow motion with a limited view. In triples, the driver side net and right side of the car just disappears and clips 1/3 of the way into the side monitors. It's a disaster.

It's the only game I run almost exclusively in the "hood cam" or whatever it is, just to save my headaches.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #67
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
The FOV in cockpit view is a nightmare when running in triple screens (not sure if you are or not), but it's manageable in single-screen mode--just feels like driving in slow motion with a limited view. In triples, the driver side net and right side of the car just disappears and clips 1/3 of the way into the side monitors. It's a disaster.

It's the only game I run almost exclusively in the "hood cam" or whatever it is, just to save my headaches.
Yep triple screen... I will probably pass.
NR2003 sticks around a bit longer.. lol

Thanks my man.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am a massive fan of dirt track racing. Is this game worth buying if I’m only interested in racing the dirt late models?
Old 01-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #69
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvnorton
I am a massive fan of dirt track racing. Is this game worth buying if I’m only interested in racing the dirt late models?
I would say no. The series is fictitious and there're only 8 tracks (7 oval and 1 road) and some of them I think are fantasy tracks. The only real driver is Tony Stewart, the rest are actually developers for the game. The dirt cars are fun to race, but the series is really only there to serve as a launching point for your career. Maybe you should check out that Dirt Rally 2.0 game for which there are a couple threads near the top of this forum (I haven't looked at them myself).

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 01-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 7

I'd agree with Burgh on this one. Though if you like asphalt racing, Heat 4 does a great job with it.

Just hoping for deeper stat tracking next year..!
Old 01-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #71
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

If you're more into dirt racing, I'd just say to track down an old copy of Dirt Track Racing 2 or Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars and run it. They hold up remarkably well, even if they've got extremely dated graphics by today's standards. I think even Saturday Night Speedway was pretty fun, but it's been years since I played them.

Your absolute BEST bet would be World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002, but that is prohibitively expensive nowadays. I actually still have the original CD for that game, but it's become so damaged over time that I can't install it or play it anymore

Compared to those, the dirt in NH4 is still mediocre. But the old Ratbag games were the "golden age" of dirt racing on PC, IMO.

This is ALSO assuming you don't want to spend a bunch of money for dirt content in iRacing. That is several orders of magnitude better than the old Ratbag games, but it's a completely different investment, there. When AI launches for dirt in iRacing, I may never race anything else again .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #72
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
If you're more into dirt racing, I'd just say to track down an old copy of Dirt Track Racing 2 or Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars and run it. They hold up remarkably well, even if they've got extremely dated graphics by today's standards. I think even Saturday Night Speedway was pretty fun, but it's been years since I played them.

Your absolute BEST bet would be World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002, but that is prohibitively expensive nowadays. I actually still have the original CD for that game, but it's become so damaged over time that I can't install it or play it anymore

Compared to those, the dirt in NH4 is still mediocre. But the old Ratbag games were the "golden age" of dirt racing on PC, IMO.

This is ALSO assuming you don't want to spend a bunch of money for dirt content in iRacing. That is several orders of magnitude better than the old Ratbag games, but it's a completely different investment, there. When AI launches for dirt in iRacing, I may never race anything else again .
Good lawd... I remember you talking my ear off about World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002. That's when I knew you were hardcore as hardcore can get.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »