Home

You Can Now Race at Daytona and Talladega, Against Highly Adjustable AI in iRacing

This is a discussion on You Can Now Race at Daytona and Talladega, Against Highly Adjustable AI in iRacing within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2020, 10:44 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
You Can Now Race at Daytona and Talladega, Against Highly Adjustable AI in iRacing

iRacing continues to expand their AI feature in iRacing, as they soft launched the ability for...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 10:48 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Re: You Can Now Race at Daytona and Talladega, Against Highly Adjustable AI in iRacin

Hey TC and kneebon5, anyone else with some impressions?
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-04-2020, 10:51 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: You Can Now Race at Daytona and Talladega, Against Highly Adjustable AI in iRacin

I had a Mustang league race tonight, but I'll definitely be checking it out soon.

I'm not the biggest fan of superspeedway racing, though. I'd have already tried it if it were some of the mile and a half tracks or something other than foot-to-the-floor plate racing
Old 02-05-2020, 11:54 AM   #4
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I did try it a bit late last night, and it was as expected--they were rock solid, and it was actually a bit weird.

When running in a plate race on iRacing, I'm used to cars bouncing all over the place, so it was very odd running in a perfect draft train, without any crazy stuff happening!

I changed lanes and maneuvered through traffic without any issues. When they release the full AI suite for oval racing, I still firmly believe I won't need to boot up NR2003 anymore (or Heat 4 or anything else) for my racing fix.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Wow, that's crazy!

They still have servers up for NASCAR 2003? I think I still have the disc somewhere LOL.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #6
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

I haven't had anytime with it yet, looking to do something over the weekend. Trying to get a full Cup Series roster built before I do anything with it. What I have seen, its what you would expect, some flaws, some good things, but super speedways are terrible to race vs AI or Human
Old 02-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #7
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

Got some time with it in car, the AI kind of just gets stuck in a three wide situation. They also are not able to react to slower cars out of the pack and just get stuck behind them when they are 2 or 3 wide. You can push the AI, but you can also get away with pushing an AI who is pushing another car, which in official and real life racing is an instant crash.

Still cool to see a field full of cup schemes and drivers in the best looking sim, but sadly as good as everything else is in sim, the AI falls short in being a dynamic opponent.

Old 04-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #8
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

They have now added Charlotte and Kentucky (older version) for the AI. I gave it a go in a 150 lap race last night with day to night transition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »