Home

Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Season 4 Week 9

Well you were wrong in your assumption that I was done. In the future please just leave my team alone. Again man you have skipped me so many times advancing early its not funny, and regardless of your justification or the logic used, you were about to again. I wasn't ready. Please advance at the time you say you are and dont mess with anyone's team.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthegreat42
Well you were wrong in your assumption that I was done. In the future please just leave my team alone. Again man you have skipped me so many times advancing early its not funny, and regardless of your justification or the logic used, you were about to again. I wasn't ready. Please advance at the time you say you are and dont mess with anyone's team.
You still sniveling about it?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

And man dont try to play this out like its an isolated incident and Im just overreacting. Again bro you skipped me last year advancing a day early, (because it was your bye and killing you). You blew threw Coaching Changes and caused me to start my coach over, which by the way is killing me recruiting wise. Haven't signed anyone yet and have lost out to almost everyone to another user so far. This coming off 2 top 15 classes......You assumed I was ready for whatever reason and blew past Positin Changes, I have 14 receivers......Now I was marked ready when I wasnt because of whatever logic you have?
Dies anyone else see a pattern or is it just me? Again, please, I like this league. Just leave my team alone, give us time in the offseason and advance when you say. Please. No drama man, just asking nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

OVR: 2

I think we just need to take a step back and take a deep breath on both sides. Jeff, I totally understand where you are coming from regarding your recruiting. I think to avoid any sort of confusion going forward on anyone's account, we just have a hard deadline UNLESS that user expressly says if I'm not by a certain time advance, or if they have set themselves to autopilot or have set themselves RTA. Recruiting is very important given the teams and competition we are facing, especially earlier on in the year, so it seems to me like we just need to be a touch more accomodating. I think taking this approach will prevent any future drama about any of this. It may slow us down by a fraction, but it will save us time and hassle in dealing with people that get upset if something negative happens to them (again, which I would feel the same way if my recruiting got screwed up). I really like this league and everyone in it, so I want to make sure that everyone is granted the same opportunity to compete in every facet, even if it means waiting a few extra hours every week.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
MVP

Jeff's upset because he can't recruit from his phone when he's on auto pilot not because we were going to advance without him. We advance when all games are played or at the time we're scheduled to advance regardless of any recruiting time remaining. I was pretty clear in stating that sometimes people forget to set themselves ready to advance when they don't plan on using all their recruiting time and so when I think people are done recruiting I set them to auto pilot. It wasn't an intentional attempt to advance without him and had he just given me a heads up about his situation I would've been aware of it.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 01-12-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
Rookie

Tim9798's Arena

OVR: 3

the way i see it, there is a hard deadline and to me thats the time to advance. its up to everyone not the commish to alert if their is a problem or holdup that prevents them from getting all actions done before the deadline.

maybe i dont get it but i always thought the more transparent you are with the commish, the better playing experience you have. My schedule has rapidly picked up over the past week and while i am not gaming as much as i used to, i alerted the commish ahead of time, and so far....have been able to keep up.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim9798
the way i see it, there is a hard deadline and to me thats the time to advance. its up to everyone not the commish to alert if their is a problem or holdup that prevents them from getting all actions done before the deadline.

maybe i dont get it but i always thought the more transparent you are with the commish, the better playing experience you have. My schedule has rapidly picked up over the past week and while i am not gaming as much as i used to, i alerted the commish ahead of time, and so far....have been able to keep up.
I understand Jeff's concerns because I let him down last year twice by advancing without him, I just wish he would've handled this situation a little differently.

If anyone has a problem with anything please just give me a heads up because its nothing personal at all and I can address it as long as you don't fly off the handle like some drama queen from hell....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Rookie

chillaxation's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Jeff's upset because he can't recruit from his phone when he's on auto pilot not because we were going to advance without him. We advance when all games are played or at the time we're scheduled to advance regardless of any recruiting time remaining. I was pretty clear in stating that sometimes people forget to set themselves ready to advance when they don't plan on using all their recruiting time and so when I think people are done recruiting I set them to auto pilot. It wasn't an intentional attempt to advance without him and had he just given me a heads up about his situation I would've been aware of it.
It is clearly nothing personal... But my outsider opinion is that there is no reason ever to set a user to autopilot unless they request it. I just don't understand the point of it... We have the advance schedule, we advance when all games are played, and its easy to see when all games have been played without just checking to make sure everyone has the little green dot.

I don't think Jeff was sniveling at any point, nor was he acting like a drama queen. I understand his frustrations and he reacted fairly to an issue he had. There was no name calling or anything over the top.

Last edited by chillaxation; 01-12-2013 at 07:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »