Home

ACQB Madden 11 Info Thread

This is a discussion on ACQB Madden 11 Info Thread within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #17
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: ACQB Madden 11 Info Thread

I liked the last video i saw. Gameflow sounds ok, but the locomotion and game planning feature i think will make the biggest difference and improve the quality of madden.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I just watched the latest rounds of developer videos, and it just keeps getting better.

I really like hearing Ian talk--he just gets it, I think.

I wondered when hearing about gameflow what it would mean for those who want a sim experience. One of the devs mentioned having the same amount of plays per game, which was a huge question for me. I think their decision on this makes a ton of sense. You don't go into a game and select one of 300+ plays every down. Moreover, it's not adding much to the experience to have to scroll frantically through your options every play.

The gameplan feature just looks awesome. It's really catered to a hardcore group like ours. The coolest new bit I caught was that you can do it for defense too, and that it's package-based. I love the idea that you can have a package specifically designed for when your opponent goes trips to a single side! That's huge.

And watching the Cummings video on right-stick upper body moves was interesting because he mentioned not fumbling if you have your shoulders turned away from a defender. That to me signaled a big blow for the ridiculous hit stick tractor beaming issue. Seems like next year you'll actually have control of whether or not your player goes into a collision flush or at an angle.

I'm starting to jones a little bit . . .
Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 55

I'll be all over that gameplan feature especially on defense. It basically does what I do on D right now: mix it up. This way, I can focus completely on execution. Ideally, I'll run most of the game on both sides using the gameflow and gameplan features. Should be a lot of fun!

EDIT: Any of you getting NCAA? I probably won't, but it looks a lot better.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'll be all over that gameplan feature especially on defense. It basically does what I do on D right now: mix it up. This way, I can focus completely on execution. Ideally, I'll run most of the game on both sides using the gameflow and gameplan features. Should be a lot of fun!

I'll rent it. And Backbreaker too.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
This way, I can focus completely on execution. Ideally, I'll run most of the game on both sides using the gameflow and gameplan features.
Yeah, this is a great point. To me, that's at the core of their decision making process, and it's really great. If I know what my packages are on both sides of the ball, I'll be able to just play the game, and that will make things a lot more fun while preserving (and even deepening) the strategic element.

I'm actually surprised that the team went with such a hardcore option. And that they broke down playcalls by tendency for the game flow portion.

I don't think you can say that this crew doesn't do work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

I'll get NCAA. Get that month of practice in before Madden comes out.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

LBz, do you know if the team has given attention to the way the nickle and dime 3-3 fronts are blocked in the run game? It drives me insane that you can come out in that look against a pro or big set and stop the run. I refuse to do it as a base look myself, but I see it often enough to hope that it gets smashed in next year's game.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
LBz, do you know if the team has given attention to the way the nickle and dime 3-3 fronts are blocked in the run game? It drives me insane that you can come out in that look against a pro or big set and stop the run. I refuse to do it as a base look myself, but I see it often enough to hope that it gets smashed in next year's game.
I'm glad you asked me that. I will try to get an update tonight. The last time I checked it was being tested against those sets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »