Home

Ravens Season 4 Preview

This is a discussion on Ravens Season 4 Preview within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Browns vs Ravens at M&T Bank Week 1 Season 4 Game Analysis

Sacks surrendered

Oher 2 - Oher outnumbered by 1 on both sacks.
Grubbs 1 - Whiff Block
Gaither 1 - Gaither outnumbered by 1; NT loops around as Gaither is blocking the DE.

Pressures/QB Hits Surrendered

2 times 7 rushers - # of blockers 6 Result = 1 Sack
3 times 6 rushers # of blockers 6 - 1 TD Ravens
3 times 5 rushers - # of blockers 7 Result = 1 sack
1 time 4 rushers - # of 6 blockers
2 times 5 vs 5 - Result = 1 Sack

Pancakes

Oher 1

2nd Level Blocks

Oher - 3 Results - two rice TD runs
Cousins - 5
Gaither - 2
Grubbs -2
Hale - 1

Double Team Blocks

Oher + Cousins - 1
Hale + Grubbs - 1
Hale + Cousins - 2
Gaither + Grubbs - 1

Penetrations Surrendered

Payne 1
Cousins 1
Hale 1

Cut Blocks

Gaither 2

Drive Blocks
Cousins - 4
Oher - 3
Grubbs - 1

Defensive Analysis

Tackles for Loss/Penetrations

Liv vs I Form Twin TE Power O - 1 yd Penetration, Fights off Pulling Guard and drops Peterson at the line of scrimmage. Qtr 1 - 9:13
Castillo - missed tackle, 0 yard rush by Peterson
Hawk and Lewis - 0 yard gain by Peterson

SACKS

Reed 1 - Sack and Forced Fumble
ZBiKowski - 1
Kruger 1 - Sack

QB Pressures and Play Calls

# of rushers
7 Rushers - 1
6 Rushers - 11 Results - 2 sacks
5 Rushers - 13 Results - 1 sack
4 Rushers - 5
3 Rushers - 2

Individual Pressures

Kruger - 6
S. Phillips - 3
Lewis - 3
Hawk - 4
Ngata - 2
Castillo - 2
ZBokowski - 1
Liv - 1
Hicks - 1

Pass Deflections

ZBiKowski - 3
Phillips 2
Lewis 1
Reed 1
Foxworth 1
Kruger 1

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-19-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Re: Ravens Season 4 Preview

In the first game of the season the Ravens realized they still have a lot of work to do. The OL could not find any continuity early and gave up quite a few sacks and pressures throughout the game, although the Browns were sending the house. The Ravens finally got on the board with 00:40 left in the first on a 6 yard Ray Rice TD run. In the 2nd Qtr, Rice was back to his former self as he broke off a 43 yard run, however, the OL got a little too proud as they began to give up a great deal of pressures on the franchise QB.

Steve Hauska would add a 41 yd FG and the Ravens would take a 17-0 Halftime lead. In the third QTR, Roddy White began to put on a show as he reeled in a 46 yard TD pass from Joe Flacco. Hauska would add a 48 yard FG with 3:39 left in the 3rd and the Ravens would go up 34-0. And on to the 4th Qtr we go where Roddy White would pull in a 58 YD TD Pass and then Ray Rice would break off an 80 yd TD run. The Browns would add a TD late as the rookie QB Fitch would throw his first TD pass for 3 yards to Adrian Peterson.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-19-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

The Steelers have no qualms with Baltimore analyzing their games in a single condensed thread.

egggcellent...

Really, this is cool analysis. I changed up my OL big time, especially improving PBF. Hope it pays off.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
The Steelers have no qualms with Baltimore analyzing their games in a single condensed thread.

egggcellent...

Really, this is cool analysis. I changed up my OL big time, especially improving PBF. Hope it pays off.
What I'm going to do is give my guys a team award. My point system for linemen goes like this

Plus Points
Drive Block = + 2
Pancake = +3
Downfield Block = +2
Double Team Block = +1

Minus Points
Whiff = - 2
Surrendered Sack = -2
Surrendered Pressure = -1
Penetration Allowed = -1

Also this gets me more into analyzing the post game and seeing what works and what does not work for these guys. And finally, I can grade the linemen individually and not based on what the Madden game says. For instance, the game says that Oher game up 2 sacks when he only really gave up 1. He got beat by a defender on that 1 sack. On the other one, Sparkii sent 7 and I only had 5 blockers. I can't credit Oher for giving up that sack. That was my mistake. The sack attributed to Gaither really was not. Gaither blocked the DE, the DT looped around the block and sacked the QB, while Gaither was still blocking the DE. Have no clue why they say he gave up the sack.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, this is pretty detailed analysis. I wish I had the time/patience to do this for an entire season.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

To me this is how EA should progress OL, based on the blocks that they make or don't make. Pressures surrendered ect. I think it could work into a game by game progression. So let's take one of my guys. Oneil Cousins, swing tackle playing RG.

He's a 78 OVR. Based on his performance this first game.

He had five 2nd Level Blocks, was involved in two double team/combo blocks, surrendered 1 penetration and had 4 drive blocks. That would earn him

2nd level blocks = + 10
Double team/combo blocks = +2
Penetration surrendered = -1
Drive Blocks = + 8

So on the Ravens Coach OL Scoring System Cousin Scored a + 19 in game one. Now if they put a progression system in game like this then that + 19 would net him a +4 to add to his OL specific abilities. 78/19 = 4.1. Then it would work on a game by game or every other basis. And in this case most of his points came in the run area so it would just add + 2 to run block strength and + 2 to run block footwork or 3 to 1. When he begins to face upper tier defenders he might not be so good in his performance and may regresss.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

No analysis for game 2. Game froze on me on a pretty decent Rice Run. Casey is going to finish the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No analysis for game 2. Game froze on me on a pretty decent Rice Run. Casey is going to finish the game.
Ugghh now the game just dropped because of EA servers. Great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »