Home

ACQB M11 Policies/Offseason Changes

This is a discussion on ACQB M11 Policies/Offseason Changes within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 55
ACQB M11 Policies/Offseason Changes

I'm going to keep official changes in this post. So far, there's just a bunch of abstract discussion.

ACQB M11 OF Launch Date

We're looking at starting on 8/23 if the roster update comes out this week.
If we get it earlier, we may start it up that weekend.

Playbooks

We are NOT going to go through with playbook restrictions right away. The only thing I'm going to require is that owners post the playbook they are using and stick with it for the full season. We can switch season to season. If I see an issue, such as 10 owners using New Orleans' playbook or something, this could change. Let's not go that direction.

Game Specifications (Won't be final until we actually play the game)

Speed: It's going to have to be normal. No choice.

Time: So far, 10 minute quarters with 15 second runoff look like the best choice.

Salary Cap

We will have another salary cap and googledocs spreadsheet of our rosters which owners will be required to keep up on. The most major change so far is the amount of precision I'm going to go to with modifiers. This means no more big jump from 79 to 80. The reason I can do this is because I found a way to look up cells on another sheet and automatically calculate the modifiers in the formula! Goodbye excel formulas for end users!

I do not know what the exact salary cap will be at this time given the modifier adjustments.
It is currently a work in progress

Free Agency

We will run free agency through googledocs again. It should be faster and easier this year given the formulas being more advanced. One big change that will stand out is what our base values will be. The base values in FA are going to be much lower than they are by calculating it using modifiers.

Last year we had an issue with too many high OVR players being avoided due to their base demand in FA. That will change this year. You can sign an old accomplished veteran for a lot less money if nobody else wants them. The natural balance should occur through competition for players.

Basically, free agency will be pretty wide open this year!

Rookie Draft

We may have to go through googledocs again. This is dependent on if we can trade draft picks in game. It sounds like there's a scouting function this year at least!

Gameplay Disputes

This year I'd like owners to save highlights of shady plays and link them to me as a means of addressing them. We can discuss things openly (of course) but I still do think the best means of action is to discuss the issue between both parties and an administrator (me).

Always keep in mind that negativity of any kind can suck the fun out of something... even if the negativity is warranted. We're here to have fun and in the long run I won't tolerate consistent negativity.

Gameplay Rules

None, so far. We have to log some hours before we can decide! As of 8/16 I see no need for gameplay rules yet. I try to bring good guys into the league so I don't need a novel of rules to force them to follow.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 08-16-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: ACQB M11 Policies/Offseason Changes

Looking good. A relevant consideration regarding gameplay speed: I'm almost certain that LBz has mentioned that the designers built the game to be played on slow or very slow. Perhaps he can confirm this.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I think default game speed is fine Jason, however slow might be better as far as gameplay goes. On default speeds you are able to react in a reasonable fasion most of the time.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Looking good. A relevant consideration regarding gameplay speed: I'm almost certain that LBz has mentioned that the designers built the game to be played on slow or very slow. Perhaps he can confirm this.
They did say that, however, it was ironic to me that they are making the online default game speed normal rather than slow/very slow.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Definitely no reason to start the franchise before the week 1 rosters are out.

The extra time should also bring out some of the major gameplay exploits that are bound to be found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Pro

WildcatFan09's Arena

OVR: 11

Gonna try to get my copy tonight, but will have it soon, nonetheless. Also, I have to purchase a wireless network adapter before I will have my XBL up and running again. I can't wait to get this started!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatFan09
Gonna try to get my copy tonight, but will have it soon, nonetheless. Also, I have to purchase a wireless network adapter before I will have my XBL up and running again. I can't wait to get this started!
Glad to see you back
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Definitely no reason to start the franchise before the week 1 rosters are out.

The extra time should also bring out some of the major gameplay exploits that are bound to be found.
I could care less about a roster move or two between now and the beginning of the season. I'd rather get rolling sooner rather than later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »