Home

ACQB Madden 11 Weekly Picks

This is a discussion on ACQB Madden 11 Weekly Picks within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #41
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ACQB Madden 11 Weekly Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdWarMachine
I didn't read this till aftter my game vs the Cowboys but...Oh ISH!!! Someone picked me to win a game! And then I actually won it! Stayed tuned for the 5 day forecast in hell. Looks like snow...
Congrats on the win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #42
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Week 7

Eagles @ Titans

The Titans knocked the Jags off of the first place slot in the AFC South Division which now belongs to Blaise and his Titans. The Eagles have been pretty average this year, so I don’t think the outcome should be in doubt, Tennessee will dominate the Eagles.

Yes Blaise, you are now officially in my top ten.

Bengals @ Falcons

This hasn’t been a stellar year for Boxboy and his Falcons, but a win this week would build some confidence and all of that rah rah BS. Imurpops and his Bengals are in the middle of a wildcard race and needs every win he can get to stay in the race. The Bengals have out-performed the Falcons this year, therefore, Cincinnati will win.

Browns @ Saints

I picked the Saints to win last week and they let me down and let down their fans; they are also in a heated divisional race with the Bucs. Cleveland hasn’t shown any signs of winning yet. I don’t think the Browns can stop the Saints offense, Saints will win.

Steelers @ Dolphins

The Dolphins have had their struggles with subs giving inconsistent performances. The Steelers haven’t reached their full potential with CK being busy with life. However, if CK is able to play this game, he will win no matter who he faces. If he can’t, who knows.

Rams @ Buccaneers (GOTW)

Both teams are primed for the playoffs with the way that both teams have been playing. Well Well has made the Rams an offensive power again and volusiaboy has brought the defense back up to past standards. This is going to be a good one, but the new owner hasn’t lost yet, and that streak won’t end this week.

49ers @ Panthers (Upset Special)

The Niners are still undefeated and are the definite favorites to win the NFC West division, however, their best players (Vernon Davis, Joe Staley, etc.) are injured which will cripple their offense. The real battle will be between the Panthers running game and the Niners defense; the winner of this battle will win the game and I think the Panthers will take this in an upset.

Redskins @ Bears

The Skins have been slumpin lately but they could use this game as a pick me up. Chicago got their 2nd straight win over my Hawks (damn it) and are primed to go on a run. This was almost my Upset special, but the shock value wasn’t there. I’ll take a risk and pick the Bears this week.

Jaguars @ Chiefs

The Chiefs are competitive but they are not a winning team; the Jags lost last week but are still a winning team. The Jags will take this easily.

Bills @ Ravens (Bet the Farm Pick)

This one will be so embarrassing for the Bills that cable networks will cut the feed from this game at halftime. I’m bettin the farm on the Ravens.

Cardinals @ Seahawks

This hasn’t been the best year for the Hawks, it seems like everyone will have to be fired: Pete Carroll, the Coordinators, the mascot, the water boy, etc., but we will be better next year, I guarantee it. This week, we have a pretty decent chance to get a win, but it’ll be tough cause the Cardinals are better than us. Don’t be surprised if the Hawks get their first win this year, but that’s unlikely.

Raiders @ Broncos

Both of these teams suck, please discuss among yourselves who you think will win.

Patriots @ Chargers

The Chargers are clinging to their division lead and no matter how average they play at times, no one else in their division can compete with them. The Pats have been average, but still have an outside chance of making the playoffs. The Chargers are the better team and they will win this week.

Vikings @ Packers

Coldwarmachine made my Upset Special pick come true last week, so he gets a gold star. However, they are facing the Packers this week so they’re screwed, Packers win.

Giants @ Cowboys

I thought a few weeks back that the Cowboys would be in the playoffs for sure, but high expectations and poor play have derailed this team and they will be missing the playoffs this year. I’m so down on the Cowboys that I have no choice but to pick New York this week; they play hard and they are always in it to win it.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #43
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Good stuff. I like the upset special and game of the week aspects.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #44
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

Hey SS, when are your new power rankings coming out
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #45
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

Week 8

Packers @ Jets

After a slow start, SB and his Jets have creeped to the top of the AFC East Standings which to me seemed like magic. The Packers are still undefeated and are still my number one team; they also put up 73 against the Vikes last week. The Jets don’t have enough offensive fire power to keep pace in this game, but they are in good shape to win the AFC East, Packers win.

Broncos @ 49ers (Bet the Farm Pick)

San Francisco proved by beating the Panthers last week that they are immune to the pressure that I put on them to win when I picked them to lose, in fact they showed a lot of mental toughness by proving me wrong. The NFC better watch out for these guys; they’ll win this game and probably get a first round bye. They’re also my Bet the Farm Pick for this week, so congrats on that, but you better live up to it or else.

Jaguars @ Cowboys

I don’t know what to make of Dallas, they are consistently inconsistent IMO; they lose games I think they should win and dominate teams I think will take them down to the wire in games. No one has found a way to stop RB MJD yet, and I’m not sure that anyone will. Dallas will be MJD’s next victim, Jags win.

Dolphins @ Bengals

Both teams are in the playoff race and both need a win to gain a tiebreaker over the other. The Dolphins have a new owner who I don’t have much to say about him yet, and the Bengals lost to the Falcons in a big upset. I’m going to take the Dolphins in this game based off of the Falcons upsetting Cincinnati last week.

Panthers @ Rams

Carolina is quickly falling out of the race for the playoffs and desperately need a win to stay in it. Despite losing last week, I’m pretty confident that the Rams will make the playoffs even though their lack of talent will hold them back. There’s no mystery in this one, St. Louis will win this guaranteed.

Redskins @ Lions (GOTW)

The Packers-Jets almost gained this honor, but this game is more important, because both teams are in the NFC and they stand in each other’s way of making the playoffs. The Redskins are in first in the NFC East but they have shown some vulnerability and need to stay on track. Detroit has been pretty solid this year, I like them a lot. This will be a very close game, hell I might be a tie, but I put six virtual cents on the Skins winning.

Bills @ Chiefs

Buffalo’s new owner was able to keep the game close against the Ravens last week; I was surprised and impressed by it. Kansas City showed me a lot of resolve in their win against Houston two weeks ago even though they lost last week. I’m taking the Chiefs, this will be a hard fought match but it’s going to go to the Chiefs this week.

Titans @ Chargers

I’m not sure if Dubb is still in the league or not, but it won’t matter in this game, because the Titans have been more consistent than San Diego has.

Vikings @ Patriots

I don’t think the fans care if their teams win this week or not since both teams have a losing record. However, it’s my job to pick teams to win and I’m going to pick Minnesota.

Seahawks @ Raiders

If we’re actually going to win a game this season, it’s going to be this one, because the Raiders are Horrible and Only have one more win than US. This matcHup is also a contrast in styles; the Raiders like to run and we like to pass. I think our passing game will out-perform the Raiders running game to give us our first win of the season and free coffee for a year.

P.S. I hope you’re reading this one closely King.

Buccaneers @ Cardinals

The Bucs are one of the contending teams in the NFC; they are the best in the NFC South for sure. Truth earned my respect my beating my Hawks in a marathon match. This respect isn’t enough for me to pick them to win however, because the Bucs will win this one.

Steelers @ Saints

This is a great matchup; great defense versus great offense. I believe that a great defense will beat a great offense more often than not, this may be Madden but I’m going with this belief and will pick the Steelers to win.

Texans @ Colts (Upset Special)

Houston is looking for pay back after the beat down that Indy delivered on the Texans in their first matchup. Houston will score a lot of points, because the Colts defense is depleted. All Houston needs is to get a few stops and they’re a lock to win which is will what I think will happen.

Last edited by SuperSeahawks; 09-15-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #46
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

Picks have been posted above this post. Power Rankings will be coming out around Week 10.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Clever post, Super.

I'm surprised you picked me to win this one. DEN has a new owner, so that game is a real wildcard. We'll have to play smart ball against a pretty talented defense. Alex Smith was far from impressive in our game vs. CAR.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #48
Rookie

Blackdiamond718's Arena

OVR: 2

We're about to shock the world. Regardless of predictions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »