Home

ACQB Madden 11 Rules

This is a discussion on ACQB Madden 11 Rules within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
ACQB Madden 11 Rules

It's obvious we need some basic rules to make sure we uphold a standard of sim/fun play for our league. Most owners won't have to alter their games at all to abide by these rules. These are just in place to make sure guys don't "Game the game" instead of enjoy the game. Remember we aren't playing for money, we all are playing for fun. For us guys this hour or two a week playing our games is a release from our real life's that can sometimes be stressful. So remember have fun and enjoy this amazing league!

Rule 1. No 10-15 step QB drop backs/unnecessary roll outs so you can break down the zones. It's ok to some times roll out but it shouldn't be excessive. If you feel someone has did this to you then please save the video and upload it so the council can review the video tape.

Rule 2.-Mix up your play calling (don't play action every play or run the same play over and over again)

Rule 3.-Don't call slants/crossing routes all game/no excessive hot routing of wr's

Rule 4-Don't go for it on 4th down a bunch of times. No one likes playing great D for 3 downs to see a guy go for it on 4th down in an unrealistic situation.

Rule 5-No zig zagging all game. It's understandable to zig zag some on kick returns but on regular offensive plays it shouldn't be happened. If you feel someone has did this to you then please save the video and upload it so the council can review the video tape.

Rule 6-Treat every owner with respect. If you have a problem with something that happened in a game, upload video evidence and send a pm to a member of the council.

I also encourage league members to wear headsets during the game. You don't have to talk in it all game but just have it on to say hello and good game. Wearing a headset during the game also helps if you see someone do something that's against the rules. We are all men and wearing a head set would help us stop a small problem before it becomes a big one.

Cabinet Members
CreatineKasey (Commish)
Lbzrule
Dubb40
SuperSeahawks
KingofVA

If anyone has a problem with any one of these rules, speak up so we can try to alter it if needed. I came up with these rules by reviewing every post in the Rules Discussion thread and also from talking to league members.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 09-12-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: ACQB Madden 11 Rules

I agree with these. I am really happy to see number one on the list.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55

I have no problem with these rules, but I do see a lot of them more as guidelines. For example, if a guy calls cover 2 man every play.. we should run crossing routes and run the ball.

I don't like the clock milking thing either. That's what accelerated clock is for.

Good post, though. You know how hard it is to work with me on rules... lol.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I have two qustions just to clarify.... and as everyone can tell by my record I don't need cheat tactics to lose lol. When you say no milking the clock is this to be considered once your offense is at the line of scrimmage or during play call or running a no huddle and just sitting there? What if someone is searching through their playbook and runs out of time I just want to make sure we're on the same page. My other question is on slants and crossing routes if its in the playbook are we not allowed to call them what if you encounter blitzers and players who constantly play deep zones what then or is this a case by case basis please clarify....once again not a challenge just confused
Old 09-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree to those rules/guidelines. That way, there is no "gaming the game" and we protect the integrity of the league itself. Man! If only Twosilk was alive to see this. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Okay, this is a good start. Thanks, VA!

I like 1, 5, 6, and 7. Hate excessive drops and unnecessary rollouts. Not a fan of lots of 4th downs, but "lots" needs to be specified I think for enforceability. Zigzagging is also lame. That's gotta be a high-integrity thing not to do it just to score.

Disagree with milking the clock. The clock is a weapon. Given the offensive craziness in this game I intentionally try to shorten the game with long drives. I don't bring the clock to 3 every play, but I want to use it to my advantage.

With the WR hot routing, "excessive" would need to be defined imo.

On the slants/crosses issue, if I'm seeing tons of man, I have to run some of those. That one will need to be contextualized.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyiii2k
I have two qustions just to clarify.... and as everyone can tell by my record I don't need cheat tactics to lose lol. When you say no milking the clock is this to be considered once your offense is at the line of scrimmage or during play call or running a no huddle and just sitting there? What if someone is searching through their playbook and runs out of time I just want to make sure we're on the same page. My other question is on slants and crossing routes if its in the playbook are we not allowed to call them what if you encounter blitzers and players who constantly play deep zones what then or is this a case by case basis please clarify....once again not a challenge just confused

Milking the clock means draining the clock down to 5 second or less every play. It's obvious if someone is just running the clock down. We all know some guys take a long time to search through their playbooks, that's ok. Also it's nothing wrong with grinding clock out, I do it all the time. We just dont want an owner to be up 10 points with 10 minutes left in the game and running the play clock down to 1 second every time.

You're welcome to call slants and crossing routes. But every other pass play you call shouldn't be a slant or crossing routes. There are many plays that can beat the blitz or deep zones. But no one should be calling 20 something slants in one game. If I can go through several games and not even call one slant then I'm sure other owners can only call them a few times a game.

I hope my response cleared up some things for you Sparky.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 09-11-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, this is a good start. Thanks, VA!

I like 1, 5, 6, and 7. Hate excessive drops and unnecessary rollouts. Not a fan of lots of 4th downs, but "lots" needs to be specified I think for enforceability. Zigzagging is also lame. That's gotta be a high-integrity thing not to do it just to score.

Disagree with milking the clock. The clock is a weapon. Given the offensive craziness in this game I intentionally try to shorten the game with long drives. I don't bring the clock to 3 every play, but I want to use it to my advantage.

With the WR hot routing, "excessive" would need to be defined imo.

On the slants/crosses issue, if I'm seeing tons of man, I have to run some of those. That one will need to be contextualized.
Yeah, I agree about milking the clock (disagree about the rule). I see nothing wrong with people bringing the play clock down to 1 in a game that has accelerated clock. In the past, the big problem was the boredom of sitting there for 40 seconds. We don't have that problem anymore since we have 10 minute quarters.

I don't know how we'd ever enforce a rule like "don't run too many crossing routes" if you look at it practically. We'd be simply taking one persons word against another. Unless someone records a game where someone runs crossing routes the whole time on video, I'd be hard pressed to punish someone off their word for playcalling choices. That's a tough one.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »