Home

Question regarding drafts and progression

This is a discussion on Question regarding drafts and progression within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Question regarding drafts and progression

Hi all. Those of us, like myself, who are not real seasoned Madden players are not really sure how this whole drafting/progression thing works. I know we play like 5 seasons or so, but how does the progression stuff work? Is it really worth holding out and building through the draft? Am I going to really be able to get a guy in the draft who is an elite player? What about playing young guys with A and B potential? Do they progress heavily from season to season? How is this calculated?

These questions really need to be answered because I know myself, and a few others I've chatted with, are skeptical about trading and making deals because we don't know how these elements come into play. If I have a guy who is a 75 overall with A potential, does it really do me much good to play him in place of a higher rated vet if he is going to be a 79 after 4 seasons??

Could some of you who have played through this before shed some light on these questions? I think it would help alot.

Thanks a lot fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Question regarding drafts and progression

A guy who is a rookie and a 75 A pot could end up to be a 90. You just never know.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hi all. Those of us, like myself, who are not real seasoned Madden players are not really sure how this whole drafting/progression thing works. I know we play like 5 seasons or so, but how does the progression stuff work? Is it really worth holding out and building through the draft? Am I going to really be able to get a guy in the draft who is an elite player? What about playing young guys with A and B potential? Do they progress heavily from season to season? How is this calculated?

These questions really need to be answered because I know myself, and a few others I've chatted with, are skeptical about trading and making deals because we don't know how these elements come into play. If I have a guy who is a 75 overall with A potential, does it really do me much good to play him in place of a higher rated vet if he is going to be a 79 after 4 seasons??

Could some of you who have played through this before shed some light on these questions? I think it would help alot.

Thanks a lot fellas!
My advice to you would be.. If you do have those young A potential players. Get them on the field in most cases and get them as many snaps as possible, so they can progress. As far as draft picks go. Depending on what pick you have, you might have a great player or a draft bust. Madden's always been notorious for having some random elite players in the draft. But the more you play the young kids on ya team. The higher they advance too. The more your team overall increases. In the long run, it's about longevity. You should assess your entire team from top to bottom. Trying to get good players to put on the field to win that Lombardi. But, during that time, you should be trying to make that team great. But the fun is building them up from scratch and watching them grow. For me.. Offseason is the best part of Madden.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth1566
My advice to you would be.. If you do have those young A potential players. Get them on the field in most cases and get them as many snaps as possible, so they can progress. As far as draft picks go. Depending on what pick you have, you might have a great player or a draft bust. Madden's always been notorious for having some random elite players in the draft. But the more you play the young kids on ya team. The higher they advance too. The more your team overall increases. In the long run, it's about longevity. You should assess your entire team from top to bottom. Trying to get good players to put on the field to win that Lombardi. But, during that time, you should be trying to make that team great. But the fun is building them up from scratch and watching them grow. For me.. Offseason is the best part of Madden.
Truth,

Thanks a lot. That was the info I was looking for. Basically, i wanted to know if it was worth it to play the young guys. I'm not a good enough Madden player to really consistently make the post season, but I still enjoy playing and building my team. That's something I have in mind to do now. Much appreciated.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

Don't mention it. But yeah, it's tons of fun building your team from a random start point. Somewhere in season 3, you'll look back and be proud of the work you've done.. IF! You've done your job correctly as owner/GM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »