Home

Quicker advance times (please vote)

This is a discussion on Quicker advance times (please vote) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What would you like the advance schedule to be?
Don't change it (72 hours advance) 2 11.76%
Change it, make it quicker (48 hours) 15 88.24%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
Quicker advance times (please vote)

Guys, I know this has come up a couple of times before now, but ma and Joe have had a couple of guys bring to our attention that you would like to advance a little more frequently to get more seasons out of this thing. At the current pace, we may get 3-4 seasons max and I think we all would like to squeeze in a couple more seasons than that. So I'm gonna put this up to a vote to see if guys would like to advance more frequently than the 72 hour pace we do now and maybe move to a 48 hour advance schedule.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Quicker advance times (please vote)

At the rate we are playing we won't get through hardly any seasons and it makes off season and drafts relatively pointless.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
MVP

sb24's Arena

Same thing I have said everytime this comes up. I am not for it however if the league were to make the switch, I would be able to keep up.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i would not have a problem the issue is will other ppl be able to keep up? i feel like the past 2 weeks we have gone really slow
Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Banned

I think that at some point you have to take a look at the commitment to the league. For example, if a friend asks me to play flag football with him in a weekly league, and he tells me that there are mandatory practices on tuesdays and Thursdays, then I have two choices. I decide I can make the practices and play in the league or I can't make the practices and NOT play in the league. We are one of the few leagues that moves very slowly. Essentially adding one more game per week is hardly a massive time increase.

I was initially against this too until I started playing in the Old Timers league. They did the advance every 2 days and it worked great. All of them are married and have families with jobs, etc. I was surprised at how well it worked and they really progress MUCH faster. They got through all 10 seasons last year, it would be nice for us to do the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Let's not forget the last 2 weeks were holiday weeks. As I told Taz, if people can knock their games out quicker we can move quicker.

Sent from my Awesome Phone via tapatalk
Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
Banned

I agree Joe, but the problem is that guys won't push to get their games in if they don't have to. One extra game a week is not that much.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

now that holidays are over maybe we can all get back on schedule let's try it what days do you purpose I would like to see Sun, Wed, Fri, as advance days

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »