Home

New Rules (Everyone please read)

This is a discussion on New Rules (Everyone please read) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
Rookie

Munch that Boxx's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New Rules (Everyone please read)

Well, it would seem that you have already come to a decision. But lastly I would like to present some numbers that I think validate my point. Below are the defensive stats for the season to date. I have sorted them by sacks.

I would like to think that I have one of the better defensive lines in the league with Tuck, Osi, Canty and T. Harris. I also play 100% as DT. Yet my sack numbers are very low compared to the top teams whom correct me if I am wrong, all play on defense as LBs or DBS. I know this is true with AC, Truth and LB.

So with my defensive line and apparent unfair strategy, what have I accomplished? 5 sacks in 2 games? Seems pretty underwhelming. Especially when 3 of those 5 were against Silk and each time I brought 6 or 7 and he only left 5 in to block.

Team Ints Fumbles Sacks
Falcons 4 0 12
Ravens 5 2 10
Dolphins 11 2 8
Bears 6 1 8
Patriots 5 2 7
Colts 4 1 7
Texans 4 2 6
Eagles 3 0 6
Titans 4 0 5
Broncos 3 1 5
Chiefs 7 0 5
Giants 5 0 5
Bills 3 0 4
Raiders 6 0 4
Packers 2 2 4
49ers 5 1 4
Browns 2 0 3
Cowboys 6 0 3
Lions 3 1 3
Saints 1 0 3
Rams 3 1 3
Seahawks 2 0 3
Jets 4 2 2
Bengals 3 2 2
Steelers 2 2 1
Redskins 1 0 1
Vikings 0 0 1
Jaguars 0 0 0
Chargers 5 0 0
Panthers 1 1 0
Buccs 0 1 0
Cardinals 0 0 0
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch that Boxx
Yes and no. Of course the cpu can get similar results. But the user controlled player is going to get better results. If you play as the MLB you are going to do a better job of shedding a block than the cpu MLB. If you a play a FS you may do a better job of making a play on the ball than the CPU. So, yes as a DT I get better results than a CPU DT.

For instance if someone is playing a SS and I run a pitch to the right.

1. The user controlled SS is going to get to the edge faster than a cpu controlled SS.
2. The user controlled SS has a better chance of making the tackle.
3. If the user controlled SS does get blocked, he will have a better chance than the cpu of getting off that block.

Or if someone is playing as SS and I run an I formation dive. The user always comes down in the box faster and then blows my FB up, allowing the cpu MLB to get at me cleaner and faster than he would if a cpu controlled the SS.

No matter who you control on defense, they are going to play better than the CPU and are going to cause challenges for my offensive AI.
True statement. I haven't seen anyone, SFL or random, abuse any Dline moves. However the statement above I have seen exploited more times than any other. People using the safety and instead of playing in their designed zone or man scheme as soon as play is hiked they are moving across the field to make the tackle vs. playing the route designed. This is a huge disadvantage to the offense as now you have an extra unexpected defendeder in the area.

I don't mind people using the safety even with that said because I feel like that is part of the game in using a player manually. I would much rather people use positions manually than hold the "a" button and run a perfect pattern.

I hope people don't start abusing DL players in negative way or other positions for that matter and if they are just report them to dubb or another admin for them to work it out. I too like the other guy use my DL and haven't had anyone say anything (probably for good reason cause I stink) negative about the way I play.

Either way thanks for bringing this up dubb so at minimum I can be on the lookout for people abusing the play.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

ok here is the issue, you are saying a blitz that is one thing but munch i watched our replays after our game and the tuck was getting free run at the qb with you rushing only 4 how?? you would manually take your d-tackle and crash him into the tackle, and send tuck around the edge untouched, why?? the guards in madden are not programmed to look outside, so when you set a pick on the tackle no one ever picked up the d-end. dont believe it? go into practice and try it, the guard NEVER even looks outside. i really shouldnt have to always leave a rb in to block i mean tuck was going around a 88 rated tackle so no if you are only sending four why should i have to leave in a rb or te?? IRL if you perform a "stunt" the dline crosses in a attempt to confuse the offense, there was no cross with your dline just a "pick and roll" if you do that IRL the guard would at least step outside to attempt to touch the rushing d-end, but that doesnt happen in madden. how many times on sunday when you see a 4 man rush does anyone get in without having to engage a blocker??? if you send more than i have to block then you are right someone should come in free, but not when you are sending only four.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r
True statement. I haven't seen anyone, SFL or random, abuse any Dline moves. However the statement above I have seen exploited more times than any other. People using the safety and instead of playing in their designed zone or man scheme as soon as play is hiked they are moving across the field to make the tackle vs. playing the route designed. This is a huge disadvantage to the offense as now you have an extra unexpected defendeder in the area.

I don't mind people using the safety even with that said because I feel like that is part of the game in using a player manually. I would much rather people use positions manually than hold the "a" button and run a perfect pattern.

I hope people don't start abusing DL players in negative way or other positions for that matter and if they are just report them to dubb or another admin for them to work it out. I too like the other guy use my DL and haven't had anyone say anything (probably for good reason cause I stink) negative about the way I play.

Either way thanks for bringing this up dubb so at minimum I can be on the lookout for people abusing the play.
A good safety user can surely ruin your day, that is for sure, but in playing the safety there is a little bit of risk in their style of play, but in trying to manipulate the dline you are risking very little the only thing you may give up is a three to five yard run because you are occupying enough blockers where your linebackers can make a play to back you up, but if you are usering a safety, and guess wrong you can get burned deep.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #21
Rookie

Munch that Boxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
ok here is the issue, you are saying a blitz that is one thing but munch i watched our replays after our game and the tuck was getting free run at the qb with you rushing only 4 how?? you would manually take your d-tackle and crash him into the tackle, and send tuck around the edge untouched, why?? the guards in madden are not programmed to look outside, so when you set a pick on the tackle no one ever picked up the d-end. dont believe it? go into practice and try it, the guard NEVER even looks outside. i really shouldnt have to always leave a rb in to block i mean tuck was going around a 88 rated tackle so no if you are only sending four why should i have to leave in a rb or te?? IRL if you perform a "stunt" the dline crosses in a attempt to confuse the offense, there was no cross with your dline just a "pick and roll" if you do that IRL the guard would at least step outside to attempt to touch the rushing d-end, but that doesnt happen in madden. how many times on sunday when you see a 4 man rush does anyone get in without having to engage a blocker??? if you send more than i have to block then you are right someone should come in free, but not when you are sending only four.
Maybe we were watching different games.

On all 3 of my sacks with Tuck versus you I brought at least 6.

The safety was from nickel sugar blitz (man version)
Same with the 2nd
The 3rd was from 4-1-6 with an overload to the right. (This blitz brings 7)

On all 3 of these plays the guard blocked down. Which leaves Canty and Tuck vs the RT. On all 3 of these plays the Tackle blocked down on Canty leaving Tuck free off the edge.

On none of these plays did you have enough blockers to handle the blitz.

In additon on all of these plays, Canty's path is to attack the outside shoulder of the G. If the G blocks down I attempt to gut that path and get engaged by the T who also blocks down.

What I am hearing is this:

NYG vs STL
Tie Game 7-7 late in the half.

STL has the ball on their own 5 yard line on 3rd and 10+. STL calls 3 wide 1 RB, 1TE.

I call nickel sugar blitz.

STL takes a 3 step drop and looks to throw out to the outside. However both the RB and the TE go out for a pass leaving 5 lineman to block 4 defensive lineman and 2 lbs.

Tuck comes off the edge and sacks you for a safety. You punt the ball I score again to up 9 at half and go on to win.

Whether or not I play as Canty on that play someone is coming free.

It's not that sugar blitz is cheating or that playing DT is cheating.

You didnt recognize and adjust to the blitz accordingly and it cost you a safety and the game.

On all 3 of those sacks, if you would have thrown hot or audibled, they would have been avoided.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Look, I don't want to make this nasty. But, I feel like some players are complaining simply because they don't know how to stop certain blitzes or formations.

If it's really that big of an issue I will play as a MLB or FS and still have a top 10 defense, because I understand football and how to call defense.

If I play as a MLB or FS. you will still get sacked for a safety because you are trying to block 6 defenders against your end zone with 5 lineman.

Since I will be playing as MLB I now have to ask.

Let's say I am playing as MLB in the same Sugar Blitz. My job is to go right at the C. But so does the other MLB. If I engage him 1st and allow the other MLB free, does this mean I am crashing? After all, if I didnt engage him, the other MLB might have been blocked by him. But I would be free? What if I engage the C and the RG engages the other MLB? The the T engages the DT. Guess what? No one there to block Tuck.

If I play as the MLB am I allowed to hit the FB in the backfield? I mean if I do he wont be able to get out and block the ROLB.

I do not want to be seen as a pain in the ***. I love this league and enjoy playing in it immensely.

I just want to understand what is allowed on defense and what isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #22
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch that Boxx
Maybe we were watching different games.

On all 3 of my sacks with Tuck versus you I brought at least 6.

The safety was from nickel sugar blitz (man version)
Same with the 2nd
The 3rd was from 4-1-6 with an overload to the right. (This blitz brings 7)

On all 3 of these plays the guard blocked down. Which leaves Canty and Tuck vs the RT. On all 3 of these plays the Tackle blocked down on Canty leaving Tuck free off the edge.

On none of these plays did you have enough blockers to handle the blitz.

In additon on all of these plays, Canty's path is to attack the outside shoulder of the G. If the G blocks down I attempt to gut that path and get engaged by the T who also blocks down.

What I am hearing is this:

NYG vs STL
Tie Game 7-7 late in the half.

STL has the ball on their own 5 yard line on 3rd and 10+. STL calls 3 wide 1 RB, 1TE.

I call nickel sugar blitz.

STL takes a 3 step drop and looks to throw out to the outside. However both the RB and the TE go out for a pass leaving 5 lineman to block 4 defensive lineman and 2 lbs.

Tuck comes off the edge and sacks you for a safety. You punt the ball I score again to up 9 at half and go on to win.

Whether or not I play as Canty on that play someone is coming free.

It's not that sugar blitz is cheating or that playing DT is cheating.

You didnt recognize and adjust to the blitz accordingly and it cost you a safety and the game.

On all 3 of those sacks, if you would have thrown hot or audibled, they would have been avoided.

Look, I don't want to make this nasty. But, I feel like some players are complaining simply because they don't know how to stop certain blitzes or formations.

If it's really that big of an issue I will play as a MLB or FS and still have a top 10 defense, because I understand football and how to call defense.

If I play as a MLB or FS. you will still get sacked for a safety because you are trying to block 6 defenders against your end zone with 5 lineman.

Since I will be playing as MLB I now have to ask.

Let's say I am playing as MLB in the same Sugar Blitz. My job is to go right at the C. But so does the other MLB. If I engage him 1st and allow the other MLB free, does this mean I am crashing? After all, if I didnt engage him, the other MLB might have been blocked by him. But I would be free? What if I engage the C and the RG engages the other MLB? The the T engages the DT. Guess what? No one there to block Tuck.

If I play as the MLB am I allowed to hit the FB in the backfield? I mean if I do he wont be able to get out and block the ROLB.

I do not want to be seen as a pain in the ***. I love this league and enjoy playing in it immensely.

I just want to understand what is allowed on defense and what isn't.
sorry you are wrong when i get on the box i will upload the replay that i have saved i assumed that you were sending more than i could block, but after watching the replay of the safety, the guard doubles the remaining d-tackle, and leaving the end free to roam around where as if you attack the guard the tackle would have been free, henceforth the reason behind thinking that its a exploit because on that play even if you pinch the oline then the dline comes free, if you have a play where the running back is on the other side then he still doesnt get there, so in essence due to you running this"stunt" now i have to shrink my playbook because of a glitch, not because you have better players but because you want to crash into my tackle to get your d-end a free run, I know football, and if you play like LB or AC then that is one thing they blitz alot, but in doing so they do leave mismatches you just have to find them, but if you can get the same pressure using just four then you have a unbreakable defense, i mean you are already telling me to keep in a extra blocker so now you have 7 covering 4 advantage defense, not because tuck is that dominant but he is getting in untouched at will.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #23
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
Guys pm each other with this, I've already spoke on this. Simple and plain, control the dline if needed. Don't set picks on other lineman. Not dissing anyone's game, but if you're doing what I perceive the problem as, it's kinda wack.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 09-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Rookie

Munch that Boxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
sorry you are wrong when i get on the box i will upload the replay that i have saved i assumed that you were sending more than i could block, but after watching the replay of the safety, the guard doubles the remaining d-tackle, and leaving the end free to roam around where as if you attack the guard the tackle would have been free, henceforth the reason behind thinking that its a exploit because on that play even if you pinch the oline then the dline comes free, if you have a play where the running back is on the other side then he still doesnt get there, so in essence due to you running this"stunt" now i have to shrink my playbook because of a glitch, not because you have better players but because you want to crash into my tackle to get your d-end a free run, I know football, and if you play like LB or AC then that is one thing they blitz alot, but in doing so they do leave mismatches you just have to find them, but if you can get the same pressure using just four then you have a unbreakable defense, i mean you are already telling me to keep in a extra blocker so now you have 7 covering 4 advantage defense, not because tuck is that dominant but he is getting in untouched at will.
I am still confused. When did I ever bring 4 and get a sack? Please upload.

I also uploaded the safety play. You can see it on the Madden 12 Online Franchise page or if this link works

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/o...ise/fId/121393

It's not a great angle, but you can clearly see that your RG is blocking MLB #54 Goff, Your C is blocking ROLB Bulluck. Your LG is blocking DT Harris. Your LT is block DE Osi. This leaves your RT to block Tuck and Canty. You can then see Canty engage your RT (tell him by his face mask) Which allows Tuck to come free.

I brought 6 defenders on this play. Osi, Harris, Canty, Tuck, Goff and Bulluck. Leaving Thomas, Prince, Webster, Rolle and Phillips to cover your 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 HB.

Since you only blocked with 5 you had 5 on 5 in the secondary. So this is a chance for you to make a play.

But you didn't. Not that I can fault you since you don't really have a good 1 on 1 matchup vs my secondary with your below average skill position players.

HOW IS THIS CHEATING???

I guess I could stand still with Canty and hope your RT engages Tuck instead of me? But then Canty would come free.

Because once again, you are trying to block 6 people with 5 lineman.

In your own endzone no less...

Last edited by Munch that Boxx; 09-20-2011 at 01:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »