Home

No Switching (A simple discussion)

This is a discussion on No Switching (A simple discussion) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should there be a "no switching" rule?
Yes, it's kinda ridiculous this year. 11 42.31%
Nah, guys should stop being so reckless with passing. 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: No Switching (A simple discussion)

Most of us can agree that the ratings on Madden dont really matter. Second as far as Pass Interference being called it's been like this since 06 where you can literally bump with the recievers (pause ) and nothing gets called for it maybe Dubb you should contact EA and request for PI's get called on more when the USER controls the DB LB or whatever. My take on the INT's. Bottom line it's the USER's fault I would say on 3% of the time there be a tip INT from the CPU but the 97% goes to the user I will use AC as a example (and not trying to call you out bro) AC can honestly say this that his INT's are bad reads and throwing into 2 or 3 people in the area and he has Brady with his 100 acc there sould be no reason why he's doing that. Diamond he's just reckless passing he just don't give a damn. All in all the rules are fine if Dansby have 25 int's he should have them tell the the USER thats playing QB (pause) to stop throwing those stupid *** passes. And Dubb you know as well as anyone you always had a problem with the user ability How many times where we allow the CPU to make a catch and he drops it. How many times where the defender goes up (pause) to make a INT and drops it. Too many times and we will still have that problem till the end of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Millz 904
Most of us can agree that the ratings on Madden dont really matter. Second as far as Pass Interference being called it's been like this since 06 where you can literally bump with the recievers (pause ) and nothing gets called for it maybe Dubb you should contact EA and request for PI's get called on more when the USER controls the DB LB or whatever. My take on the INT's. Bottom line it's the USER's fault I would say on 3% of the time there be a tip INT from the CPU but the 97% goes to the user I will use AC as a example (and not trying to call you out bro) AC can honestly say this that his INT's are bad reads and throwing into 2 or 3 people in the area and he has Brady with his 100 acc there sould be no reason why he's doing that. Diamond he's just reckless passing he just don't give a damn. All in all the rules are fine if Dansby have 25 int's he should have them tell the the USER thats playing QB (pause) to stop throwing those stupid *** passes. And Dubb you know as well as anyone you always had a problem with the user ability How many times where we allow the CPU to make a catch and he drops it. How many times where the defender goes up (pause) to make a INT and drops it. Too many times and we will still have that problem till the end of time.
You guys kill me with argument that "the CPU drop too many Ints that's why I switch theory" guess what? That's why they play defense!!! If they were supposed to catch 80% of everything thrown their way, their coaches would have them on offense!!!
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #43
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4

Well i do situation switching. If i want a safety to cut a route, i'll switch...if they throw a deep lob pass, i don't bc it's too hard to judge. If people can switch to WR's and jump up and catch it...then we should be able to switch and press lb to bat it down. I think people throw too many interceptions bc they wait too long for WR's to run route's. For example, the people i play this year will throw the ball on the slant route right into my guys bc they wait too long; Rather than throwing the ball right when he cuts in front of the defender. I know we want it to be realistic and sim, but i think most of the ints are human error. Not hatin on anybody or downing anybody in the league, jus sayn..plus people throw the ball. A. LOT. Which is going to produce more INTs.. If you're good enough to switch and pick off a pass, more power to you. It goes both ways tho...bc sometimes the game lags and you press "y" and they don't do ANYTHING and you give up 6. Plus User picks are too bad *** to be taking that away from the game. They put "LB" and "Y" in the game for a reason...use it.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #44
Pro

primrtime's Arena

OVR: 7

I vote no to the rule. CPU A.I is not smart at all. I've had instances where i would let the cpu go for the catch, with the football literally in arms reach only to see either the football falls incomplete with no effort given by the cpu or the football falls right in a safety lap for a pick all because i didnt switch to my wr to press the Y button.
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops
Old 10-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #45
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I was all for this rule until my last game against the Texnas. He didn't user catch on defense at all. Mario Williams was able to cover my slot WR's. In fact, had a pick 6. Threw the football when the WR mad his break and Williams w/ his speed was able to make up ground, break on the ball and pick it off. I've seen the AI make one handed leaping picks as LB's. And the defensive AI will always break on the football and the WR never will. This rule wouldn't fix anything b/c it'd be the same amount of BS. stupid *** game....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #46
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0

Good call Shiz. The Linebacker and Lineman make some insane picks. I can't wait for the day we get momentum for players. Zig zag would be way better and hopefully they find a way to differentiate leaping ability for big guys. Mario is a crazy athlete but he should not be jumping routes. If someone found a way to mass edit rosters you could just town down jumping and that would help a lot. Even then it wouldn't help online franchise. In the end (pause) Madden will never be a sim game.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
You guys kill me with argument that "the CPU drop too many Ints that's why I switch theory" guess what? That's why they play defense!!! If they were supposed to catch 80% of everything thrown their way, their coaches would have them on offense!!!
Defense yes the probality of them catching the ball (pause) by the CPU is lot lower I agree with you 40 on that regard but offense is a totally diffrent story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »