Home

overload vs. nano, gameplan vs. scheme

This is a discussion on overload vs. nano, gameplan vs. scheme within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
overload vs. nano, gameplan vs. scheme

Ok time for me to get some 4leaf level hate, but this has to be discussed.

Could someone clear up the difference between a overload, where you KNOW who gets free everytime and a banned nano?? I have seen them both and to be brutally honest there isnt much difference. I know why you blitz in madden, but some of the things I have seen and heard about are borderline at best. if you send 7 against 5 i expect you to get someone free, but the downside is that you are leaving someone open. with a 5 man overload you are guaranteeing someone gets in free, and still have more than adequate coverage, All I am asking for is something to show the difference so that the league is on the same page. I want the best for this league and a lot of things i have seen and heard are about this issue, where people are getting hit before they can hand the ball off, and before they can finish their dropback, the downside to this is that the only counter to this is be cheesy on offense and throw to your halfback 10 times, or the dreaded quick throw, and I dont want to see this league go down that way.

also on the scheming issue, if you run the same play everytime you need a first down, or have a set of hot routes you run all the time, then you should stop, that is scheming, and is not sim at all, just try not to base your gameplay on anything found on youtube, or the madden nation bus and we will be ok, looking forward to hearing the responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: overload vs. nano, gameplan vs. scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
Ok time for me to get some 4leaf level hate, but this has to be discussed.

Could someone clear up the difference between a overload, where you KNOW who gets free everytime and a banned nano?? I have seen them both and to be brutally honest there isnt much difference. I know why you blitz in madden, but some of the things I have seen and heard about are borderline at best. if you send 7 against 5 i expect you to get someone free, but the downside is that you are leaving someone open. with a 5 man overload you are guaranteeing someone gets in free, and still have more than adequate coverage, All I am asking for is something to show the difference so that the league is on the same page. I want the best for this league and a lot of things i have seen and heard are about this issue, where people are getting hit before they can hand the ball off, and before they can finish their dropback, the downside to this is that the only counter to this is be cheesy on offense and throw to your halfback 10 times, or the dreaded quick throw, and I dont want to see this league go down that way.

also on the scheming issue, if you run the same play everytime you need a first down, or have a set of hot routes you run all the time, then you should stop, that is scheming, and is not sim at all, just try not to base your gameplay on anything found on youtube, or the madden nation bus and we will be ok, looking forward to hearing the responses.

100% ridiculous and honestly, I don't see how this helps the league in anyway. But, I'll humor you here: The difference between an overload and a nano is that: A nano cannot be blocked! A overload can easily be beat with slide protections, and it does not require you to play cheesy IMO.

Now on the scheme side of things, I only know of Macaroni who is truly guilty of this and maybe Emmy and I think it's wack, but if used everytime in the same situation, it can be combatted.

In finishing this up, I think anyone overly cheesy is usually gone from the league within a few complaints and I think the league is very good as is. What i do not want to do, is start taking every thing that works and start telling guys that they can't do it.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Really?...... Why is this even a post? Let's all just pay attention to detail when looking at formations. There shouldn't be a thread for sour grapes. A fat man once said "Yo, stop complaining and Step Ya Game Up!"

Sent from my Atlanta Falcon CrackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: overload vs. nano, gameplan vs. scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth1566
Really?...... Why is this even a post? Let's all just pay attention to detail when looking at formations. There shouldn't be a thread for sour grapes. A fat man once said "Yo, stop complaining and Step Ya Game Up!"

all

What sour grapes????? I am just echoing what i have seen and have had to hear complaints about, but since no one else wants to speak up now then quit complaining about it, because i am tired of hearing about it in my inbox I have made all of the adjustments that i need to make to deal with it, this was not about sour grapes, all I wanted was someone to explain to the league the difference but since you had nothing to contribute as usual, but your negative vibe just shut the hell up, because you are not helping here as usual.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
But who has complained? I know I usually get the complaints and this is the 1st I'm hearing of it.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I overload blitz chumps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm not going to argue with you on the boards. If you were getting nano-blitzed, you'd be giving birth right now because you'd be so angry. Dunno why you talking all tough on the boards for.. If you're too stupid to slide protect when Overloads are obvious, that's on you. Who is really complaining to you? All you do is complain yourself. It's like the blind leading the blind lol.

Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »