Home

Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Miami Dolphins

The Miami Dolphins come into the season with a new coach at the helm of their team. Coach Tony Sparano was fired last year and during the off season owner Stephen Ross and GM Jeff Ireland decided in taking a chance in hiring coach Andrew Wirick who has been a long time Dolphins fan. Last year he previously was with the New Orleans Saints and was unable to make the playoffs. Coach Wirick had this to say about his stay with New Orleans "I enjoyed my time with the Saints and I want to thank Owner Tom Benson for giving me my first shot at a Head Coach job in the NFL. Unfortunately I resigned due to the scandal going on in New Orleans. I wish best of luck to them and am looking forward to my time with the Miami Dolphins."

There are many questions about Miami as they come in with a new coach, offense, and a new defense that is now a 4-3. Hard Knocks is currently filming the Dolphins but for now we take a look at each position on the offensive side for the Miami Dolphins.

Quarterback
During the off-season the Dolphins drafted QB Tannehill with the 8th overall pick and brought in free agent QB David Garrard to compete for the starting position at quarterback. It was a 3 way race between Garrard, Moore, and Tannehill until Garrard got hurt so now the starting nod comes down to Moore and Tannehill. Moore was the veteran who took over the team and led them to a 6-3 record to end the year. Moore has the confidence of the locker room and the experience which gives him the slight advantage. But any advantage Moore has, it's all made up by Tannehill's physical tools. He has everything you want in a QB, except experience. This battle will come down to the preseason and who performs the best.

Predicted depth chart: Too close to call

Running Back/Full Back
Last year Reggie Bush rushed for 1,000 yards for the first time in his career. He was running through the tackles and doing everything he was supposed to do. He is the Dolphins only threat on offense and the question remains if he will be able to continue his success and stay healthy doing it. With RB Daniel Thomas being the backup providing short yardage carries, Bush should have no problem staying healthy. Drafting RB Lamar Miller in the 4th round provides the Dolphins with a back similar to Bush. Expect Miller to get playing time in the shotgun with him and Bush in the backfield next to the quarterback. FB/TE Charles Clay will be starting at FB and getting to play some TE as well.

Projected Depth Chart
1. Reggie Bush
2. Daniel Thomas
3. Lamar Miller
4. Steve Slaton

Receivers/TE
This is the biggest question for the Dolphins and during the off-season they provided no help. They brought in WR Chad Johnson but he was quickly released after getting in trouble with the law. The Dolphins have one of the best slot guys in the NFL with WR Davone Bess but they have no one on the outside to help. They brought in WR Legadu Nanaae(sp?) and have WR's Brian Hartline, Marlon Moore, and Roberto Wallace. The coaching staff hope Wallace can develop into a good receiver as he is 6 foot 4 225 pounds. Expect Wallace to be starting at receiver in the preseason and maybe the season. The coaching staff hope WR Chris Hogan can make an impact and over training camp he has received the nickname "7/11" from Reggie Bush since he is always open. At TE the Dolphins have a good but not great option in Fasano and they have Charles Clay who provided a spark last year.

Projected Depth Chart (a and b is outside, c is slot)
1a. Roberto Wallace
1b. Legadu Nanaae
1c. Davone Bess
2a. Brian Hartline
2b. Marlon Moore
2c. Chris Hogan

1. Anthony Fasano
2. Charles Clay
3. Les Brown
4. Michael Egnew

Offensive Line
The best unit on the offense side of the ball for the Dolphins is the offensive line. Even though they have questions on the right side of the line, they have the best LT in the game in Jake Long and a future pro bowler in C Maurkice Pouncey. RG John Jerry is ready to step in the starting role after Vernon Carey left in the off-season. Richie Incognito will provide help at any position. Rookie T Jonathon Martin will be starting the RT spot and hopes to provide the Dolphins with the best Tackle duo in the league.

Projected Depth Chart
LT: Jake Long
LG: Richie Incognito
C: Maurkice Pouncey
RG: John Jerry
RT: Jonathon Martin

Be sure to check back in next time for the look at the Dolphins new defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Miami Dolphins

Dolphins announce rookie Ryan Tannehill to start season opener

The Miami Dolphins have announced their starting QB, and his name is Ryan Tannehill. Fans have been clamoring for the rookie to start and they are excited to finally have some stability in the QB position. The Miami Dolphins have only selected 3 other QB's in the first round in the history of the organization and all have turned out the be Hall of Fame QB's. South Beach is excited about this upcoming season and rightfully so.

Coach Wirick had this to say on starting Tannehill, "This has been a long thoughtful decision but we decided to go with Tannehill because we feel he is in a comfortable position and does not have to learn much of the playbook due to having Mike Sherman as the Offensive Coordinator. He has shown he is the most ready out of the two QB's competing and we feel that the future is now. I want to thank Matt Moore for competing fairly and giving Tannehill all the advice needed. We are hoping for a good year with Tannehill at the helm."

But starting Tannehill may have its struggles this year with no help on the outside. Wirick had this to say "We realize that at our WR position may not be the strongest but I feel confident in the group of guys we have. Regardless, we have been in contact with other teams trying to work out a deal to get a big time threat on the outside. The guys we have know they need to step it up if they want to start and we have been giving them every chance to do so. But that won't stop us from bringing in a more experienced player on the outside that is big time."

It seems like the Dolphins are all in on Tannehill and trying to get him help. South Beach can only hope that the Dolphins get a big time receiver or Tannehill may just turn out to be not as great as they thought. More on this later.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Alldayy13's Arena

OVR: 2

Big Texas A&M fan right here, wish Tanney best of luck in the NFL as well as the SFL
Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Pro

In the actual NFL the Dolphins traded Vontae Davis for a 2nd round pick.

We asked the SFL coach of the Dolphins what he thought about him now having no control of Davis "I'm pissed. I was in several talks with several teams involving Davis and no I no longer have him as an option for trade. We are still in the market for a receiver but we dont have much in the way of players at this time. We now have the 2nd round pick of the Colts (if they even change it in CCM). Teams can look over our roster and let us know who they are interested in. Tannehill is the only person we will not trade."

This now brings uncertainty to South Beach. They just dont have many options to trade away for a big time receiver. More to come later...
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
Pro

Dolphins agree to aquire Sidney Rice from Seahawks

The Miami Dolphins have agreed to aquire WR Sidney Rice from the Seattle Seahawks pending league approval. The Dolphins will be sending Jimmy Wilson along with a conditional 2nd round pick and a future 4th round pick.

This brings a number one receiver to South Beach and should help Ryan Tannehill and the offense out. More info on this later...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

That's a really good trade. Bringing that competitive nature to the AFC East, looks like I myself need to find me a big time receiver outside of Stevie Johnson. Or at least a shutdown corner.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Pro

primrtime's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
That's a really good trade. Bringing that competitive nature to the AFC East, looks like I myself need to find me a big time receiver outside of Stevie Johnson. Or at least a shutdown corner.
There's only one shutdown corner
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Pro

Dolphins inconsistency shows in scrimmages

It was a theme with coach Wirick and the Saints. They showed they could beat the top owners in the league but also showed they could lose to the bottom half of the league. The 4 scrimmage games have been no different with the Dolphins. Losing to 4leaf 24-3 and losing to Tomb 54-32. They were able to beat Shards 61-3 and Truth 23-17.

"it's all about consistency. If we can just get consistent every week, then I feel we have a shot to be real good." time will tell if the Dolphins will be consistent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »