Home

Suggestions to management

This is a discussion on Suggestions to management within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
Rookie

killacam96's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Suggestions to management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
I actually really like the set up for that website. We can see about setting something like that up for the league as it'll keep people more in touch with the league while on the go.

The only issue with making this website would be league activity on the site. If the league as a whole wants the website then we can explore the idea further.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
so, we would that site be like our one stop shop? or would we still check in at both sites?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by killacam96
so, we would that site be like our one stop shop? or would we still check in at both sites?
I'd say use that site if it has a forum type of chat for us to use. That would have to be discussed with the rest of the league.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
Rookie

just an idea... in stead of having us play against the cpu (when 2 guys cant meet up or go on vacation), maybe we could just let the games be sim'd in general ?

I know in my previous league we did this to ensure a team that's 1-10 doesn't beat a team that's 10-1 , 40-3.

Keeps everything even to a point, or the status quo.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am sure anyone who has been in madden online leagues for a while knows about the old famous XFN, and all the things it brought to help online leagues back then salary caps wasn't even in the game for online leagues, which is actually how it was able to allow leagues to draft from website. Now , since XFN quit doing what it was doing at end of madden 12, there has been another great website that is excellent for online leagues . DaddyLeagues.com has provided an excellent service for many online leagues since XFN quit. It is by far the best place to use for support of your online leagues. Not everyone has the luxury of being at home in front of their Xbox 1 all day. This website allows you to do alot of things for your team , and your league from any computer , which are found in most workplaces now in days or on peoples smart phones. If you have never tried daddyleagues.com for your leagues , i HIGHLY suggest that you do. For our league personally , i feel it really helps keep owners active and interested in whats going on in the league . For us the use of a chat box and a shout box is very key , as we advance every 2 days max. Sometimes just one day. Below i will list the things ( i can remember) that you can currently do with the site. Although with Madden 15, who knows what may be able to be added in the future. As of time of this posting these are things you can do from your leagues website :
Keeps up with all stats for league : included here is top 5 passing, rushing, sacks , ints, receptions, etc . as well as keeps up with where your team ranks in league as in rushing ypg, passing ypg, total ypg, for both your offense and defense. These stats also help you "scout " or "gameplan" against an opponent as you can see by his season stats who are his favorite targets on offense.As well as who to stay away from on defense.
Chat box : this is very helpful to create a real community feeling in an online league IMO. Guys can chat with one another about madden, the league , life, gaming, hobbies, etc, and really get to know each other.This brings a tighter bond between guys in the league. Not only that, but it helps in setting up game times, as well as trade offers and discussions. Also gives a place for members to talk about ongoings in the league and issues that arise.
The ability to spend your XP on players from site. No more having to load the game up and spend time doing it on the console alone. True u can spend xp on the EA website, however it doesnt tell you your players current attribute numbers. You have to look all that up .This site uses a very handy format to show u current attributes and even how much each upgrade is. Also it allows you to choose, "use all XP " on one attribute, so you dont have to click on the upgrade button 10 times if you want all the xp to go to one thing.
Full customization of your site , the way you want it!
Send trades and accept trades from the site.
Search ALL Free agents , not just those that match your scheme like on EA's website. You can search all players for that matter on all teams and free agents. Including a search of only rookies in preseason before they disappear once regular season starts, great way to find rookie gems someone else threw away or didnt get drafted.
Compare players : Here you can compare up to 5 players at once, and see all attributes side by side, again not just ones that fit your scheme but ALL players . This is great for looking at match ups , checking out FA's against your current players, and comparing players for trades.
Check your players current contracts , cap hits for moving them , etc.
Transaction log of all transactions and timestamped.
Shows league and team schedules
Shows team owners psn name, site name, phone number ( if added), email ( if added ) which is great for an easy way to find out how to contact your opponent quickly. Something very key in fast moving leagues especially.
Custom Forums , You can categorize and place the order of all of your forums .
Make cuts in your roster
Write up blog stories that are posted on homepage as new articles, it allows all owners the ability to write up stories, which can really bring more excitement to the league as well as makes things just more interesting.
The ability to link your twitch or ustream channel on to your leagues homepage, for easy access to live streams of games. Anytime someone is streaming in your league you will see their team logo show up and it directly links you to their channel.
A full breakdown of each teams roster. Tells you exactly how many players are on each team, and even breaks that down to how many players at each position.
A scoreboard with all game recaps ( stat wise) on site
Shows defensive and offensive players of each week
Power rankings
League, conference , and divisional standings.
A Bad owners list , which lists players psn name ( or xbox names) , their IP Address , and tells what league they were removed from , and why they were removed, or if they just dropped players on a team and quit , etc. Basically is a way for commish's who use the site to report bad owners so other leagues wont get hurt by those who claim to be SIM and ain't , or tend to just be bad owners all around by quitting when losing, not communicating well for game times, or just dropping players and leaving.
These are most of the things you can do with your league on this site, and all of it can be done from the website on a comp or a smart phone. It is a great service for online leagues. If you have never tried it , i think its time you do if your in online leagues.
www.daddyleagues.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

A post I found on daddyleagues I'm in a league that uses this site works really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
Rookie

killacam96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeum445
just an idea... in stead of having us play against the cpu (when 2 guys cant meet up or go on vacation), maybe we could just let the games be sim'd in general ?

I know in my previous league we did this to ensure a team that's 1-10 doesn't beat a team that's 10-1 , 40-3.

Keeps everything even to a point, or the status quo.
I don't like this cause as an example if I'm playing the Ravens, then the computer has a better chance to beat them then I do of beating LB. If attempts are made and the game can't be played cause one team is unreachable then the other team should be afforded the chance to play the computer. For the most part, the admins are pretty fair about this process.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #23
MVP

eric7064's Arena

I don't have any major issues.
I know there's a chat of some sort but I'm not sure what it is.
It'd be nice if a chat app was necessary. Better communication and can get to know league members better. I know some leagues use group me.

And a power rankings is always fun to look at. Dont say much but adds to league
Old 11-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I don't have any major issues.
I know there's a chat of some sort but I'm not sure what it is.
It'd be nice if a chat app was necessary. Better communication and can get to know league members better. I know some leagues use group me.

And a power rankings is always fun to look at. Dont say much but adds to league
We have a "whatsapp" that only costs .99 for a year's subscription. A bunch of league members are in there but not enough. Let me know if you or anyone wants to be apart of it.

I'm going to be handling the power rankings come preseason week 4. Right on time for the regular season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »